Aston Villa v Everton Match Thread - Official Innit | Page 30 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Everton Match Thread - Official Innit

No.

They were talking about us on 5 Live last night it was Chris Sutton , Ian Wright and a journalist and they all commentated on the atmosphere on Friday and what a great ground it is.

Under the lights at a pumped-up Villa Park, especially on a late-summer, balmy evening, Aston Villa in full cry are something to behold and we’ve been starved of it for far too long. A few thoughts on Friday's match.

https://astonvilla.vitalfootball.co...e-a-finer-sight-in-football-everton-thoughts/
Plenty of vitriol from Villa obsessed fans of other clubs in that link.
That is when you know that we are something special as a club when they are queuing up to have a go at us.

Dear God, not that shit again!
What's the old adage BB; "one game at a time" :slap:

I am as optimistic for the future as anyone on here, but we all need to come back down to earth and realise that Everton is done and dusted and Palace are waiting around the corner.

would sooner be under the lights than in the day,I feel the atmosphere is far far better and must say the old girl looks better in my opinion all lite up :utv:

Dear God, not that shit again!

I mean it as a positive not bomb squad style.

Its a noticeable trend lately (at least in my view) that well run clubs (a) aren't caving to offers from bigger clubs (b) are moving toward more sustainable models and (c) are beginning to use the loan system more and spend more on younger players.

Leceister is a prime example held out on both Maguire and Mahrez, snapping a lot of young english players valued 10MM or under who arent totally proven and casting the net wider for young players.

We check all those boxes too - we held onto Grealish, we are looking to buy low, sell high and promote from within and finally we're sending young players on loan and identifying potential talent early e.g. Konsa, Wesley. What I can't determine is our risk profile there is certainly an element of danger to what we're doing but I think a lot of clubs are doing it Chelsea and United I think are certainly aiming to be like Dortmund but United in particular seem conflicted between being a big spender and pleasing fans, or taking a step back to make a leap forward.