Aston Villa v Crystal Palace Match Thread - Sun 12th July - 2.15pm | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Crystal Palace Match Thread - Sun 12th July - 2.15pm

JuanPabloAngel

Alert Team
We go again.

Last chance saloon, surely? Win, and there may just be a flicker of hope. Fail to win and we are almost certainly gone.

All hope is lost with me. A win and other results going our way might spark a bit of hope back, a loss or a draw and I think Dean should reform the old bomb squad for the final three games and start giving a few of the kids a run out to see if any of them look promising for next season.

The performances from some of these players, especially against Man Utd, have been absolutely unacceptable over the course of the season and I don't really think I can bare to watch some of them swan about the pitch again.

Time to throw the kitchen sink at it. My team would be:

Reina
Konsa, Mings, Hause
Luiz, Nakamba
Elmohamady, Vassilev, Grealish
Davis, Samatta

All hope is lost with me. A win and other results going our way might spark a bit of hope back, a loss or a draw and I think Dean should reform the old bomb squad for the final three games and start giving a few of the kids a run out to see if any of them look promising for next season.

The performances from some of these players, especially against Man Utd, have been absolutely unacceptable over the course of the season and I don't really think I can bare to watch some of them swan about the pitch again.

Last thing he should be doing. I can't see what Vassilev was doing on the bench on Sunday, let alone playing. He's way off being first team potential at the moment.

We need the players we've got putting on a team performance to match their potential. That's what Smith should be doing. If he can.

Last thing he should be doing. I can't see what Vassilev was doing on the bench on Sunday, let alone playing. He's way off being first team potential at the moment.

We need the players we've got putting on a team performance to match their potential. That's what Smith should be doing. If he can.
I can't see what Trezeguet, El Ghazi, Hourihane, Samatta are doing near the squad. Arteta has gone in at Arsenal and started playing the kids instead of the likes of Ozil and Lacazette, once we have nothing to play for after this weekend we might as well do the same thing and give a few of these kids some competitive experience.

Fecking hell, when one of the more optimistic (of late) posters says this.

I was coming into the thread with a bit of hope as well !

Is it ok now for me to say a must win match? Been told a good few times through the season I am wrong in stating it. Just checking. :grinning:

This is actually another of those we could win, surely to God they will go all guns blazing for this? but then, I have said that a good few times, amongst many of you as well, and then we get the walkabout no venom nonsense.

If we threw everything at this, especially early on, who knows? But if we go a goal down, as proven v Man Utd, we are so soft, we think the game is lost.

I hold out a bit of hope that this is the one game we could win.

But I'd not be putting any bets on it I am sad to say. Palace have very mixed results, but they do have wins amongst that, we don't.