Aston Villa v Chelsea - Sun 23rd May - 4pm - Sky | Page 30 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Chelsea - Sun 23rd May - 4pm - Sky

Still buzzing about our end to the season and looking forward to seeing how MOTD edit it down to minimise our part and maximise Chelsea’s misfortune with refereeing errors.
Re the social responsibility aspect I remember, at the end of the first total lockdown, Boris saying that we were going to rely on the common sense of the British public. I thought, “That’s us knackered then!”

I though Tuchel looked a deeply unpleasant character. His touchline antics were embarrassing and I can't see him lasting long at Chelsea.. His side mirrored that as they got very petulant when things weren't going their way.
The half time whistle saved them from a complete meltdown that surely would have resulted in a red card or two. A couple of their players had clearly lost the plot. Reminded me of Tottenham when they played Chelsea at the end of the 15-16 season when they conceded the title to Leicester.

I though Tuchel looked a deeply unpleasant character. His touchline antics were embarrassing and I can't see him lasting long at Chelsea.. His side mirrored that as they got very petulant when things weren't going their way.
I thought his interview was tetchy on Sky but his comments in the BBC we really sour grapes saying that he wasn't surprised that they had a player sent off as the referee was favouring the Villa.
Chelsea once had a manager referred to as the 'Special One' they now have one referred to as the 'Bitter one'
"Stop crying Thomas Tuchel!"

I thought his interview was tetchy on Sky but his comments in the BBC we really sour grapes saying that he wasn't surprised that they had a player sent off as the referee was favouring the Villa.
Chelsea once had a manager referred to as the 'Special One' they now have one referred to as the 'Bitter one'
"Stop crying Thomas Tuchel!"
Yes, just watched MOTD and seen that interview from Tuchel.
Not sure why the comment, because we didnt have an incident that warranted the gripe.
I can only conclude he came up to Brum thinking it was a formality prior to their Cup Final and after that performance he was left feeling a bit vulnerable.
Whatever he made himself look a proper prat.

Its endlessly frustrating to not get the credit we deserve. When someone plays the plastic 6 any shot they have between the goal posts within 20 yards on goals they think should be an automatic goal.

I don't think Chelsea had that many clear cut chances, they were dominant in possession and had chances. I dont think they had enough to say they deserved to win. I am hard-pressed to even say they deserved a draw.

And I watched the game after it was over knowing the result so I could sit down and just enjoy it. I could see the game for what it was with no real emotion. Chelsea were good, they pinned us in and they had some chances but they werent magnificent. We were never holding on by the skin of our teeth. We played 15-20 minutes with two u-19s on the pitch and 90 with a CB out of position.

Sorry, you werent unlucky, you were actually lucky because Spurs did a favour for yous. You couldnt raise your game when you needed it. You simply werent good enough.

So the farce that is VAR takes another downturn. Azpilicueta has had the red card rescinded after Chelski appealed. So the referee awards a red card, VAR checks the footage several times and agrees that it is a red card. An appeal to the FA/PL then looks again and decides that it is not a red card. And what happens if the FA/PL uphold the decision - does it go to UEFA, then FIFA, then CAS, the court of appeal, the Old Bailey and Court of Human Rights. What happened to a referee making a decision and maybe consulting with the linesman on occasion.
So when can we appeal the marginal offsides for Ollie's goals that got chalked off by VAR - on my reckoning, we should be in the Europa league.
Oh, but I forget that the crux of all this is that Chelski are one of the 'Big 6' so decisions always go their way.