Aston Villa v Brentford Match Thread 28/8 3pm | Page 2 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Brentford Match Thread 28/8 3pm

I think this is going to be a very tough game, a huge potential banana skin. Without wanting to sound defeatist and depending on how the game pans out, a draw might not be the worst result in the world.

Obviously I hope we go out and try to beat them, but I think they’ll cause us plenty of problems. If we can get a goal in the first half, that’ll be big.

I can. Another London club that the Premier League doesn't need (see also Fulham and Crystal Palace) (and West Ham), plus Arsenal
You missed Spurs and Chelsea……and Watford. Geez Sil, you’ve gotta call them all out or it’s not worth bitching 🤣🤣🤣

How do we not have a thread for this already? Everyone lost interest in the season already?

Got to admit I have a bad feeling about this one. No reason, just a gut feeling. Probably something with them playing above themselves against a Dean Smith team.

Think we'll lose by the odd goal.
Ohh don’t say that, got my tickets, cars been filled up, and I’ve gone for
4-1.
And if we lose to Brentford after the Watford shite I’ll be well pissed.

I think this is going to be a very tough game, a huge potential banana skin. Without wanting to sound defeatist and depending on how the game pans out, a draw might not be the worst result in the world.

Obviously I hope we go out and try to beat them, but I think they’ll cause us plenty of problems. If we can get a goal in the first half, that’ll be big.
Try to beat them?
First 3 games, 2 promoted teams and 1 that should’ve gone down, sorry mate but that does sound defeatist, no wonder Smith keeps his job if some some feel losing to Watford and Brentford is part of the plan to get us in Europe.
And some laugh at Arsenal and Arteta. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Try to beat them?
First 3 games, 2 promoted teams and 1 that should’ve gone down, sorry mate but that does sound defeatist, no wonder Smith keeps his job if some some feel losing to Watford and Brentford is part of the plan to get us in Europe.
And some laugh at Arsenal and Arteta. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Yes in hindsight probably a bit too negative. We will go out to beat them obviously, we’ll just need to ride the waves of pressure and I think as a team they possess much more collective quality than Newcastle where Brucey just expects one player to win it.

Funny thing is, I know it's bravado, some thinking that we now have a better side without HIM but it shows that we don't really know which way this season will go when we aren't confident of beating Brentford.
We certainly don't have anything Brentford will fear and they haven't got anything for us to fear. Our defence being so good, I really wish I sat there thinking this defence is so solid but I really don't and I can't be alone?.
Anyway, we'll see how it goes, yet again I go to Villa Park hoping to win but not expecting a win. If you know what I mean.

Don't understand why everyone gets so upset with this, clubs have been keeping injury news close to their chest for as long as I can remember. No point in giving the opposition more details to build their game plan around.
Their availability will usually be directed by what the medical staff are telling us. The player himself may feel he's ready to play, but if the physios are identifying he's not 100% right they will tell Deano he shouldn't play.

I'm getting pissed off with Smith with his so called comments on players availability. From a slight knock to a precaution the man is a twat when he says things like that. If a player is out he's out . Stop talking shit.

Don't understand why everyone gets so upset with this, clubs have been keeping injury news close to their chest for as long as I can remember. No point in giving the opposition more details to build their game plan around.
Their availability will usually be directed by what the medical staff are telling us. The player himself may feel he's ready to play, but if the physios are identifying he's not 100% right they will tell Deano he shouldn't play.
Come on GGS, everything is a massive conspiracy to take the piss out of us poor, downtrodden fans!

Come on GGS, everything is a massive conspiracy to take the piss out of us poor, downtrodden fans!

Yeah, I just dont get it - I'm going to support us whoever is in the team. If Ollie is out injured its not going to make me miss the game!
I'm sure there was no such outrage about Jimmy Rimmers neck injury being kept under wraps,