Aston Villa v Bolton Wanderers, Sat 30th Sept @ 3pm | Page 3 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Bolton Wanderers, Sat 30th Sept @ 3pm

Will be another big test of a different kind for us. Fans as well as players.
Expectation probably the highest it's been, at home against the worst team in the division so pressure on the boys.
We as the crowd have to stay patient, if we start to get restless it will not help.

As others have said an early goal will be very handy!
A nice comfortable 2-0 will do just fine.

Must win or it will all fall very flat very quickly and all hard work will be undone.

I think the difference in the last couple of games has been that Kienan Davis looks more relaxed and assured now that he has scored a couple of goals and he is playing naturally and not overdoing things. He will be a big threat to them and that might leave it open for Kodija and Adomah to find a bit of space.

another 4-0 to the Villa :94: :94: :94: :94:

VTID

It's just refreshing to have 5 genuine goal threats on the pitch at the same time. Can't remember the last time we could say that.

Makes it much harder for the opposition. What do you do? Mark Kodjia and Adomah out the game, well roll up Davis, Hourihane and Snodgrass.

Anthony Hart from Vital Bolton took some time to answer a few questions for us:

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7523629">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

Had a text off Villa earlier saying they’ve missed me (Haven’t been to the last two home games due to work and holiday), will be there tomorrow to see another 3/4 hopefully! We’ll draw 0-0 or something knowing my luck.

Bolton panni sticker book 1979. All the players look like they are in there 40s. Why do players from the 70s look so much older than they were. Francis Lee looked 50 when he was playing for Derby. I was helping my in laws clear there garage and found said sticker book with only 4 stickers missing , I remember having that book but because I wasn't well off like my brother in laws parents , my 79 book had more empty spaces than full. One thing I do remember was getting the villa badge and it was like getting Willie wonkers golden ticket.

pvb1968 - 29/9/2017 20:07

Bolton panni sticker book 1979. All the players look like they are in there 40s. Why do players from the 70s look so much older than they were.

Lol yes, quite a few looked like pub players with a fair bit of timber and moustaches all over the place :19:

Aston Villa are at Villa Park with Bolton the visitors today, this will be a 3pm kick-off.

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7523636">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

VillaTomB38 - 29/9/2017 19:58

Had a text off Villa earlier saying they’ve missed me (Haven’t been to the last two home games due to work and holiday), will be there tomorrow to see another 3/4 hopefully! We’ll draw 0-0 or something knowing my luck.

I had the same text, the two home games I've missed have been Norwich and Forest so perhaps my text should've been a different one :37:

Much as I hate night matches i wish our home games were on a Friday night , Villa would now be in the top6 I'd be on my way to Wales for the remainder of the weekend .

As it is I'm sitting at home twiddling my thumbs until it's time to leave for the game . By the time I get back today , Saturday is over the rest of the weekend consists of Sunday at home where I'll be nagged into doing jobs I've managed to avoid for months .

Villa you ruin my my weekends , except when we win of course
:4:

:30: Jay-Jay Okocha.

I know we cant win every game, but, isnt it about bloody time we could look forward to waking the buzz of putting rivals to the sword, playing football, rather than waking up groaning expecting the worst day, repeatedly. There is no doubt we have turned the long corner, he has found his best XI, bar Jedinak, maybe. We have a good team for the championship, no doubt, a much better team than most of the poor teams around us. We will beat many of these teams, no doubt about it. Players now know what is expected of them, that upping it that extra 20% more, we demand more, to go out and beat teams with our better players. Time to deliver. Win many lose few. It is good the mass hysteria has been listened too and addressed. We got a gift in the ball sticking skills of, young hulk or is it the bull, Davis, a pure gift, tank, the jigsaw piece on the floor was finally found. And there was football again. Playing with two strikers lets them worry about us not the other bloody way around, cautious me arse, better players will always find a way to win, thats football. We now know for sure we are much better than the previous dross, going back years, back the manager for the full season, even when we hit a wall. Stick together and go on a rampage up the table is where we need to go, give us football to cheer and we will sing you a song or two. See how we feel! Confidence does breed confidence. Winning games the only way. And handling losing now and again in style. Think its going to be a really good season, signs are there at long last. Not about time too. We have been expecting you, hello, hello. Not that Im getting carried away by this strange positivity voodoo brazillian pass and move forward attacking malarchy. Im old school, scoring loads of goals and keeping loads of clean sheets doesnt impress me much at at all, i want more. And more and more. Are we the Man Citeh of the championship hahaha? We have many Lions out there now, finally realising they must be lions not frightened lambs. Lets go batter some teams and the bookies. On the right road rising up with us, up the table, can feel it. 3-1 to the Villa. JT hatrick and own goal. UTV. :94:

I agree Tellamuir.
Davis could be the missing link , just like Peter Withe was back in the day , but 10 years younger than Withey was.
When was the last hold up player we had , we've has a lot of flick on merchants Carew Benteke etc
but not a genuine hold the ball up and bring the team forwards sort of number 9 .

I'm sort of looking forward to today as long as Onegoalayear doesn't make his way on the bench at the expense of OHare who I'd like to see come on when we are 3 up with 20 mins to go .

sirdennis - 29/9/2017 16:04

Yes and Terry is usually good for 5-6 goals as well.

I’ve been disappointed Terry hasn’t scored a few goals.

As you point out he always seemed to get the odd goal or two for Chelsea

Manager Steve Bruce has spoken about a good week for Aston Villa, but now he knows we have to end it properly when we face Bolton Wanderers this weekend.

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7523633">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>