Aston Villa v Bolton Wanderers, Sat 30th Sept @ 3pm | Page 2 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Bolton Wanderers, Sat 30th Sept @ 3pm

Whilst we should never underestimate any opponent, Bolton haven't scored a league goal since August 19th and have gone 7 straight defeats coming into Saturday .
Nailed on away win then.....

Funny old game as they say.

Could quite easily be an unexpected defeat, despite current form.

If the team v Brentford turn up then anything could happen.

Team of last three games turns up then we could be going into international break absolutely buzzing.

Over many, years I've been on many a rollercoaster ride with my beloved Aston Villa FC to the extent they have probably shortened my expected lifespan so forgive me if I don't get too carried away at the moment
:17:

As someone mentioned which Villa team will turn up against Bolton....? The one against Brentford and it could be another load of dross however if the team that trashed Barnsley and Burton decide to turn it on again then we should win this game very comfortably.

The way to get out of the Championship is to aim to play every team with confidence and swagger just like we did against Barnsley and Burton. It won't happen every week but Newcastle and Brighton have proved it's the correct way to go and surely the players would much prefer to be cheered off the pitch rather than being booed.

A comfortable 2-0 win will do for me so good luck to the Villa boys.

The Football League have now announced the Match Day officials that will take charge of the game between Aston Villa and Bolton Wanderers this Saturday.

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7523622">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

Worst ref in all the football league flanked by 2 equally inept clowns , I fear the worst

Sir Den ? :19:

Villan57 - 28/9/2017 11:03

Worst ref in all the football league flanked by 2 equally inept clowns , I fear the worst

Sir Den ? :19:

I am never wrong when it comes to referees.

This clown is called Jeremy.

Enough said.

My first ever visit to Villa Park was on 2nd November 1963 and the opposition was Bolton Wanderers. The result was 3-0 with two goals for Harry Burrows and the other from Tommy Ewing. There were close to 19,000 of us in the ground.
Almost 54 years later, I'm expecting another comfortable victory with a larger crowd in attendance.

BBJ - 28/9/2017 17:31

My first ever visit to Villa Park was on 2nd November 1963 and the opposition was Bolton Wanderers. The result was 3-0 with two goals for Harry Burrows and the other from Tommy Ewing. There were close to 19,000 of us in the ground.
Almost 54 years later, I'm expecting another comfortable victory with a larger crowd in attendance.

Hope you are right BBJ. Harry Burrows "daisy cutters", you did not want to get in the way of one of those.

At the minute we look quite balanced all over the park, which is pleasing. We look like a match to any team in this division, at the very least. Whether we have actually clicked or are just waiting to collapse any minute, honestly I have no idea – this is Aston Villa after all.

This should be a comfortable win. But with our pace and power we seem to find it easier against teams that try to attack a bit. A home game against arguably the worst team in the league should sound like an easy win but somehow I find that hard to believe.

wittonite - 28/9/2017 18:18

BBJ - 28/9/2017 17:31

Hope you are right BBJ. Harry Burrows "daisy cutters", you did not want to get in the way of one of those.

December 1962 Villa 5 Bolton 0. 34,000 crowd
Joe Mercer had just bought Phil Woosnam and he inspired a great victory with one of the best midfield performances I've ever seen.

My first villa v Bolton game would of been late 70's early 80's , Sam Allardyce would of been their centre half , I think we beat them at villa park , away was possibly a draw .

One of the best games ive ever seen us play in my lifetime was against Bolton, early noughties, league cup semis where Super Gav McCann gets sent off early in the game after losing 5-2 up there - think that was the game where jay jay okocha tore us to pieces.

We won 2-0 with ten men, seem to recall a Hitzlslerger screamer and we were all over them all night playing at 100mph

danvilla2 - 29/9/2017 06:48

One of the best games ive ever seen us play in my lifetime was against Bolton, early noughties, league cup semis where Super Gav McCann gets sent off early in the game after losing 5-2 up there - think that was the game where jay jay okocha tore us to pieces.

We won 2-0 with ten men, seem to recall a Hitzlslerger screamer and we were all over them all night playing at 100mph

And possibly one of the worst games was the FA Cup semi in 2000, a shocker of a game.

Quite how Gudjohnsen missed when he had a virtually open goal is still a mystery. That game was only memorable for the fact that it was Dion's first game back from his broken neck, and he knocked in the winning penalty, if memory serves?

It appears that Gabby is fit for.......... er, selection?! Lansbury isn't so surely Bruce must stick to the same starting eleven surely.

I just hope he isn't tempted to tinker.