Aston Villa to transform Villa Park into super-new maternity centre | Vital Football

Aston Villa to transform Villa Park into super-new maternity centre

Thomas Holte

Vital Football Legend
Aston Villa latest - The North Stand will be staffed by 10 midwives and two support workers, with two health visitors taking appointments to support women who are 24 weeks onwards.

Villa Park will be transformed into a super-new maternity facility for new and expectant mums from next week.

Villa have teamed up with Sandwell and West Birmingham NHS Trust to provide care to women who are 24 weeks gone in their pregnancies.
In addition to postnatal and antenatal care by midwives, health visitors will also hold appointments for new parents and newborn hearing screening tests. There will also be postnatal clinics for those who have been discharged, too.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sp...ews/aston-villa-transform-villa-park-18148005

We used to sing a song on the Holte: I was born under the Holte End Stand to the tune of "Wand' rin Star"

Now people can really say I was born under the North End Stand:grinning:

I can give you all the words if you want but as per usual of those days, it's all about football agro!

Last edited:
I've always had a bit of a sympathetic soft spot for the North Stand , the brutalist exterior facade like something designed in the Eastern Block. I still think of it as the new stand , my first villa park game was in the upper tier 1978 they hadn't put the sides on at that stage , it was like a wind tunnel up there. Anyway great to see it being put to good use, plenty of future villa fans born there now

I've always had a bit of a sympathetic soft spot for the North Stand , the brutalist exterior facade like something designed in the Eastern Block. I still think of it as the new stand , my first villa park game was in the upper tier 1978 they hadn't put the sides on at that stage , it was like a wind tunnel up there. Anyway great to see it being put to good use, plenty of future villa fans born there now
Pull it down.