Aston Villa Released list 2020 | Page 2 | Vital Football

Aston Villa Released list 2020

Controversial as ever Villan. Remember John Wayne saying gotten. Will contact Susie Dent(old codgers heartthrob) for a ruling. My meagre educational successes include an English "O' level,just scraped it tbh.

Controversial as ever Villan. Remember John Wayne saying gotten. Will contact Susie Dent(old codgers heartthrob) for a ruling. My meagre educational successes include an English "O' level,just scraped it tbh.

One of those Americanisms that has crept into our lives, sadly.

I still find it hard to say Guy instead of Bloke, when I was on the shop floor I was a bloke, when I was in the office I was a Guy.

Anyway enough of my wind ups

Not real surprises in the released list, some deadwood going and no doubt a few of those kids will go on to have successful careers at lower league clubs lets just hope that we don't become one of those lower league clubs

Apart from McCormack,:Fingers: I wish them all well at whatever club they end up at.

On reflection, O'Hare can f**k off as well as he wouldn't sign a new contract, he'll end up at Coventry and I have heard he has strong family connections over at the Sty with the great unwashed.:finger:

Apart from McCormack,:Fingers: I wish them all well at whatever club they end up at.

On reflection, O'Hare can f**k off as well as he wouldn't sign a new contract, he'll end up at Coventry and I have heard he has strong family connections over at the Sty with the great unwashed.:finger:

I thought it was said a few days ago that we hadn't offered him a new contract.

Yes he's from Solihull and they are all noses over there or a bigger percentage are than over west side

I thought it was said a few days ago that we hadn't offered him a new contract.

That's what I'd heard as well. Got to be honest although he's obviously not premier league quality I'd still prefer him on the bench than some like Lansbury.

On reflection, O'Hare can f**k off as well as he wouldn't sign a new contract, he'll end up at Coventry and I have heard he has strong family connections over at the

I don't think we're going to miss O'Hare, Sarkic is the only one I'd have kept but you can't keep a keeper that young and not play him.

Re: O'Hare he reminds me of Carruthers, supremely confident on the ball but there is a reason he didnt breakthrough by 20. If you're not playing regular first-team football by 19 somewhere its hard to see how you can make any level higher than league one.

O'Hare at 20 - 16 Games in League Two.
Grealish at 20 - 31 games in the Championship.

Granted we're comparing Apples and Oranges, the Smallings, Vardys and Mings of this world are rare when it comes to this stuff.

I could eat my hat on that but I am just not sure he will be any better than Barry Bannan. Lots of players fail to live up to the hype at VP. A LOT!

If you could mix the ball skills of Barry Bannan with the size and physicality of Stephen Nzonzi I think you've got the perfect midfielder. I digress.

Ross Mccormack got 13m in wages off us for 26 appearances and 3 goals. And we paid 12m for him. Remember thinking we were guaranteed 20 goals from him when he signed. For sheer money wasted compared to impact he's got to be the worst signing we've ever made surely.
Ivo Stas and Sasa Curcic must be on that list somewhere.

Ivo Stas and Sasa Curcic must be on that list somewhere.

Is Stas the guy we signed after be scored an own goal in our favour in a UEFA cup game but was injured as soon as he joined us and never actually played?

Curcic became a reality TV star in Serbia winning celebrity big brother there at one point. He was our record signing when he joined I think.

Yes he's from Solihull and they are all noses over there or a bigger percentage are than over west side
His Mom Fiona is Ian Clarkson's sister, who captained the noses back in the late 80's. I actually played with him and John Frain briefly as a 14 year-old (Olton Ravens).... Plenty of Villans over there though '57....