Aston Villa: Memory Lane | Page 117 | Vital Football

Aston Villa: Memory Lane

Sadly the late Alan Deakin leading the team out at for an FA Cup game at Anfield in 1967 which was my first ever away game with my dad.

We lost 1-0 to an Ian St John goal but it was still a very special day that I will always remember........Thanks, Oul Fella.View attachment 28695
Thomas....hi. The great Alan Deakin wrote an article about me in the Sports Argus after I had followed Villa into Europe to play three friendlies in 1966. I still have that article, its my only ever 'claim to fame. I have always wondered whether any other Villa fan had been abroad to see a Villa team play before I went in August 1966. VTID

I was thinking about that goal this morning. It would have to go down in my all time top 10 of Villa goals.

A derby game, we were losing the match, Hutton a player coming towards the end of his career with the club and a player I always felt gave his best even though he had been treated appallingly by a certain manager. As he ran on and on down the pitch I remember shouting" pass if for fuck sake, pass it!"

Brilliant goal and do pleased for the Scottish Cafu.

I was thinking about that goal this morning. It would have to go down in my all time top 10 of Villa goals.

A derby game, we were losing the match, Hutton a player coming towards the end of his career with the club and a player I always felt gave his best even though he had been treated appallingly by a certain manager. As he ran on and on down the pitch I remember shouting" pass if for fuck sake, pass it!"

Brilliant goal and do pleased for the Scottish Cafu.

Pedant alert. We were 3-2 up at the time.