Aston Villa: Memory Lane | Page 86 | Vital Football

Aston Villa: Memory Lane

ASTON VILLA’S CUP FINAL TRAIN CRASH

Match going Aston Villa supporters have shared immeasurable highs and lows during the club’s illustrious history, and justifiably take it for granted that, no matter what happens at Villa Park, or when setting out on an away-day, getting home safely and being able to recount your experiences to friends and family members is set in stone.
However, on Saturday 26 April 1924 tragedy struck, when a train carrying Villa fans down from Coventry to London to watch the FA Cup Final against Newcastle United, was involved in a fatal collision that left five dead and more than fifty injured. Today marks the anniversary of the inquest into the incident, and provides an opportunity to remember those Villa fans that didn’t make it home that day. Here are some extracts from newspaper reports on the incident.

Full Article - https://www.legendspublishing.net/aston-villa-blog/

My old eyes have seen it all, the glory of the cup, we've won it seven times, and no one else can catch us up.

Wasn't long ago we were singing that. Today arsenal won their 14th. Ffs. What the hell went wrong.

Very sad news about Mike Tindall.

He opened a greengrocers in Boscombe, Bournemouth and I would pop in to say hello and of course buy some spuds, etc. He was a smashing bloke.

Rest In Peace Mike.

RIP Mike, the last of that Mercer Minor half back line which had so much unfulfilled potential, Tindall, Slueewenhoek and Deakin, sadly now all departed. In my first season 1963/64 I saw them many times, great memories. Respect to you all HEITS!!