Aston Villa: Memory Lane | Page 88 | Vital Football

Aston Villa: Memory Lane

Some years back I gave my collection of programmes, not just Villa, but all sorts to a friends nephew, who had long admired them. Three biner bags full.
Some very sought after stuff amongst them.
I found out two weeks later the little shit had sold them.

gave a lot of mine away now my son has started collecting them and he's paying pounds for them. He has some of my Dad gave him that I left behind when I moved out.
Bugs me how may I gave away .
I don't expect they will produce them much longer as hardly anyone buys them compared to our day when it was the only source of club news

Yes. I haven't bought one for at least 10 years.

My favourites are the seasons in the 70's when we got to Wembley and have the voucher cut off at the corner to claim your Wembley ticket.

Yes, remember them we obviously only bought one programme so when the Wembley tickets came out either me or my uncle could get a ticket but not both. I used to win that one and he'd get one from a tout or a fan who was selling a spare
Never needed season tickets back then as there was always room to stand on the Holte

Yes. I haven't bought one for at least 10 years.

My favourites are the seasons in the 70's when we got to Wembley and have the voucher cut off at the corner to claim your Wembley ticket.
Tbf, Villa programmes have generally been ahead of the curve(old codger,is that appropriate?). We regularly won awards so well done Aston Villa, pleasant change to avoid the usual cock ups.

I think it was 25p to get in and 5p for a programme in those days.
Yep half a crown for boys and 6d for a Programme, I've got some programmes that were 6d so I think they doubled it to 5p as part of the decimalisation scam, saying all that Fish and chips were half a crown back then now they are £7
Apologies to those under 60 who probably have no idea what half a crown was
Just came across this in my collection. Match was the day of my birthday.... two years before I was born.... :bday:

Programme copy.jpg

I now only have kept the really special ones.
1957 FA cup final, my father went weeks before i was born.
1966 v West Ham. My first match.
1971, 1975, 1977 League cup finals and replays.
Rotterdam
All other finals since.

A very personal memory, 57 years ago today was my first time watching a Villa first team game. Home to Blackburn and we lost 2-1......what a rollercoaster ride the years have been, from not being able to beat Walsall in the 3rd division to beating Bayern Munich in Rotterdam, some good times, some not so good times, but great memories....long may it continue!!!!

i didnt get a programme from my first game i went to, Notts County home 1975 and was pretty gutted until in 2001 i was mooching around a second hand bookstore in Leicester i somehow came across it.... but got some great ones in my collection Uefa cup ones, european cup ones, FA Cup ones, the charity Shield etc etc that i wouldnt give up, always helps when the memories fade to look at them and remember

i used to love buying a programme, i used to love the letters thing you had to match to the scoreboard for the half time scores elsewhere.... I havent been down VP for a very long time, too long, but circumstances make me feel a little self conscious about putting myself amongst that amount of people and coming out unscathed..... soon though.... hopefully

Tbf, Villa programmes have generally been ahead of the curve(old codger,is that appropriate?). We regularly won awards so well done Aston Villa, pleasant change to avoid the usual cock ups.

Was great when the Guvnor, Rob Bishop was producing it. He is such a great guy.