Aston Villa: Memory Lane | Page 87 | Vital Football

Aston Villa: Memory Lane

Just a reminder to people, if you choose to upload photos that you don't own the copyright on, it can incur a charge from the photographer.

Putting up tweets is fine, as the problem then isn't on this forum.

Same here mate. I was slightly more aware of Evans than McNaught, but Teale and God were sort of my first, so to speak. Totally underrated (and in some ways that goes for God as well back then).

Had to go to A&E for some reason back when Teale was with us (Heartlands), it was something serious as my old man wasn't a flake, and I was convinced I was sat next to him (bleeding from the head) looked the absolute spit and I remember thinking 'did we play today?'

lol

I think it was 25p to get in and 5p for a programme in those days.

Yep half a crown for boys and 6d for a Programme, I've got some programmes that were 6d so I think they doubled it to 5p as part of the decimalisation scam, saying all that Fish and chips were half a crown back then now they are £7
Apologies to those under 60 who probably have no idea what half a crown was

Some years back I gave my collection of programmes, not just Villa, but all sorts to a friends nephew, who had long admired them. Three biner bags full.
Some very sought after stuff amongst them.
I found out two weeks later the little shit had sold them.

Funny enough I have just sorted out my loft. Unlike my Mrs I do not have a problem getting rid of stuff we don’t need or use like the ...errrr...kids cot that is in the loft (they are 14 and 17 now !).

Found all my programmes. 2 boxes full one of villa the other misc clubs. Binned all the misc club ones but the villa ones still deciding what to do. I have sorted the ones I want to keep such as first match I went to, stand out games (Inter Milan 1990, Tranmere semi final, league cup 96 etc). But the others I want to get rid but doesn't seem right to throw away :cry: but if I need to be ruthless I will. Would they be worth anything ?. Who will take them. Happy to give them away tbh. They are mostly from early 80’s onwards.