Aston Villa: Memory Lane | Page 81 | Vital Football

Aston Villa: Memory Lane

An old favourite player and an old Holte song:utv:

"Oh, his name is Willie Anderson and he's the leader of our team,

He's the finest winger that the world has ever seen,

The boys up the Holte end are harder than the kop,

And if anyone wants to argue we'll smash the f**king lot":grinning:

e18a8ff4fb251621509fb05e26b728b6.jpg

The last 2 nights I have managed to switch over to Sky sports football just as injury time was starting in the play off final repeats they were showing.

Where the hell did they get 7 mins of injury time from ????. I still think Derby will equalise .

Only just seen this JPA, what a brilliant side that was.
Remember a packed Villa Park for the home leg.
I knew a lot of those players very well, a good bunch of lads.

What a great young team they were! I remember going to the 2 Blues games, were they the quarter finals I can't recall...great games. Was the second one at VP played in torrential rain? Used to see Jake Findlay around Sutton as a driving instructor. Great memories.

What a great young team they were! I remember going to the 2 Blues games, were they the quarter finals I can't recall...great games. Was the second one at VP played in torrential rain? Used to see Jake Findlay around Sutton as a driving instructor. Great memories.
Following that Youth Cup team was one of my best memories of all my years following the Villa.

I went to both ties against Blues, 21000 were at St Andrews and then 19000 at the replay at VP, played in atrocious conditions. Blues had Trevor Francis, Joe Gallagher and Kenny Burns in their side. I went to the semi at home v Arsenal, who had Liam Brady in their side. And then the final against Liverpool. To win the competition we beat West Brom, Birmingham, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool.

ip.gif

Great memory 63. I was at the games but dont remember the weather.
The above was lifted off a Heroes and Villians post.
I went to all the games in that run except the final away leg at Anfield.
My brother in law played in that side, but not saying who he is because I dont want to get into discussions about him.
That is how come I know a number of the Villa lads over that period, and a few years after.