Aston Villa: Memory Lane | Page 72 | Vital Football

Aston Villa: Memory Lane

This is a good find and brings the memories flooding back. It's noticeable how bad the pitch was in the middle and must have made it harder for our more skillful players in the team of which there were many. Also a large away following of United fans in the Witton end.

Good interview at the end with a very young Andy Gray.

Happy days and we could only dream about what was to come over the next 6 years. :wahey::utv:

All playing in black leather boots - Adidas, Puma and Gola (remember them?) and not multicoloured Nike in sight. Showing my age again!!
I have to say that my Adidas Inter screw-in studs boots were the best I ever had. My Gola Harrier trainers were great - until I developed a liking for black Adidas Samba that I have stayed with ever since.

All playing in black leather boots - Adidas, Puma and Gola (remember them?) and not multicoloured Nike in sight. Showing my age again!!
I have to say that my Adidas Inter screw-in studs boots were the best I ever had. My Gola Harrier trainers were great - until I developed a liking for black Adidas Samba that I have stayed with ever since.
Only got rid of my Puma Pele boots a couple of years back.
I had them on a nail in the garage hoping our local veterans team might get desperate.

The day apparently Graham Taylor walked into the dressing room at half time after a no show from the players and the team losing 2-0 and simply said: "You got yourselves into this mess now go back out onto the pitch and get yourselves out of it" and then walked out of the dressing room door.

That was confirmed to me as correct by no other than Alan McAnally himself and he should know!