Aston Villa: Memory Lane | Page 106 | Vital Football

Aston Villa: Memory Lane

Haha. Not just Chris Herd to be fair, there's been a number of them. Jordan Lyden was another, and Kienan Davis is the latest. Young kids who obviously don't have what it takes to make it from a young age and yet the club keeps throwing contracts at them.

Not the players fault in fairness but does irritate me. If Vassilev isn't sold in the summer add him to the list. Never gonna be a top half prem player so why keep giving him money?
Jordan Lyden!! My bad, thought it was Herd.

I promised my mum, dad and sister I'd take them out for a meal on me to anywhere they wanted (within reason) to celebrate when this utter clown finally got sacked. Well I was celebrating his sacking and they were celebrating never having to hear me complain about him ever again.

If I picked a nightmare Villa squad he'd be the manager. The league cup defeat to Bradford alone is reason enough but there's so much more he's guilty of. We'd scored 12 goals in 25 games when he finally got the boot. He didn't get vast fortunes to spend but my god did he waste what he did have anyway. Arguably his 2 best signings, Benteke and Vlaar weren't even scouted by him but by Mcleish. There's so much he did that annoyed the shit out of me by most of all it was the headache inducing, horrific football he had us set up to play for most of his tenure only for him to insist we were extremely entertaining.

In summary fuck Paul Lambert and may he rot in league 1 forever.

Regardless of the football, I just found him to be a very unlikeable prick.

I found the constant references to learning his trade at German clubs and studying German football tiresome. That and the fact that he blamed everyone and everything else for his shortcomings, nob.

I found the constant references to learning his trade at German clubs and studying German football tiresome. That and the fact that he blamed everyone and everything else for his shortcomings, nob.

Yeah he did love going on about that didn't he. He made a huge deal of going to watch Kloops dortmund team train and how he wanted to play like them. Then the season started and it turned out that his interpretation of Klopps high pressing, high intensity all out attacking football was to very slowly pass the ball between the centre halves and Westwood before booting it up to Benteke/Kozak.

Yeah he did love going on about that didn't he. He made a huge deal of going to watch Kloops dortmund team train and how he wanted to play like them. Then the season started and it turned out that his interpretation of Klopps high pressing, high intensity all out attacking football was to very slowly pass the ball between the centre halves and Westwood before booting it up to Benteke/Kozak.
Tbh,l agree that Paul was a pain when telling us that we were excellent when we were clearly not. He did destroy Stevie Gs fairytale goodbye by beating liverpool at Wembley and he was some player,just ask Zinedine Zidane.