Aston Villa: Memory Lane | Page 163 | Vital Football

Aston Villa: Memory Lane

What I'd give for this scoreline against the Arse this forthcoming Sunday.

Going to be tough though I admit!

forgot how great ray houghton was, for the villa and ireland, i am trying to get a photo taken in aston park in around the very early 60s or maybe the late 50s it was taken by the bham mail or dispatcth, a group of us were on the old spud pitch, which was where they built the paddling pool, we were playiing football, at the start of the football season and pointing at some cricketers, telling them, your season is over,, with Villa park in the background,,,seanie

Benteke scoring two and Tony Moon running half the length of the pitch to score when we won 3-1. Disputed penalty and Arsenal having as man sent off.

What a day that was.

Made less than 100 league appearances in 7 years after leaving us. Won a couple of titles at city whilst contributing nothing then had 3 shit years at Everton. The only thing anyone remembers him for is the way he left us.
One of life's bad choices .

One of life's bad choices .

I'm sure he doesn't regret it to he fair. The medals he won at City will look good in his Wikipedia page and his bank balance is much healthier certainly. Got to be honest I never rated him too highly and we were such a shambles we'd still have gone down even with him. The important losses that year were Benteke who was our only goal threat and Vlaar who was the only person who could defend.