Aston Villa match | Page 2 | Vital Football

Aston Villa match

I'd be careful there ........Leicester's games since Christmas week:

- Lost to Palace A
- Beat Chelsea A
- Beat City H
- Lost to Cardiff H
- Beat Everton A
and then (yes, I know the Cup's a touch different), lost to Newport.

The opposite results were probably odds-on in (almost) every instance.

Take it from me ........4-0 Tics.
:cool::cheers::smoke:

No wonder you used the :smoke: emoji. I guessing it's not tobacco in there! William Hill are offering odds of 70/1 if you fancy a punt.

Can’t go to this one as need to take my 8 year-old lad to a party.

The boys a mad Wigan fan since he first saw a ball but it’s a sad indictment of our recent performances that when I asked him if he wanted to go to the match or the party he said the party and that he doesn’t like watching Wigan recently.

Never left a game early until this season but has now begged to go home in each of the last two home games and away at Preston.

Still, as I’m not there we’ll probably win 4-0.

Predicted lineup, I think Cook will select grafters for this one.
Jones
James-Dunkley-Kipre-Byrne
Gibson-Morsy
Jacobs-Roberts-Pilkington
Vaughan

Will be annoyed if Walton starts, Jones deserves at least one chance this season, right now the timing is perfect. He clearly has no future here if Walton starts tomorrow.

Going to be a tough game whoever's on the pitch, Villa have excellent attacking players.

Predicted lineup, I think Cook will select grafters for this one.
Jones
James-Dunkley-Kipre-Byrne
Gibson-Morsy
Jacobs-Roberts-Pilkington
Vaughan

Mostly right I think but I suspect Walton will play as will Naismith (bemusingly) at left back and I don’t think Jacobs will jump straight back in after so long out (Windass on the right).

In any case I’d rather have Macca in behind Grigg up front and Evans (or anyone not called Naismith) instead of Gibson.

Walton will start, no doubt about that, though personally I think a spell out of the firing line will do him good.

Naismith will start at left back. It should be Connolly who looked far more accomplished there at Portman Road but he won't be.

Byrne will be back on the right wing and Pilkington on the left. It'll probably be Garner with Grigg scratching his arse along with mcmanaman on the bench.

If villa score fewer than their city neighbours did here a few weeks back I'll be amazed.

Good point! Although Smith is tactically smart enough that he’ll realise 20 minutes in like most other managers that Naismith is the weak link and have him switch flanks.
Jones
James Dunkley Kipre ?????
McDonald Morsy
McManaman/Roberts ????? Pilkington
Grigg
Problem is half of these are poor too.

?????= Positions we may as well play a couple out of the pub for the use our squad is for this level and the standard of Cooks signings.
McManaman/Roberts an half each.
Pilkington if he can manage a full match after only playing 9 games in the last two seasons.
Villa are nowt special so we should confidently be looking at holding them at three again.
No left back a third of the way into the window WTF is that all about????

I think Cook will go with 4-1-4-1

Walton

James
Dunkley
Kipre
Naismith

Gibson

Roberts
Morsy
Evans
Pilkington

Garner

But personally I'd go with 4-2-3-1 but it's wishful thinking:

Jones

Byrne
Dunkley
Kipre
James

MacDonald
Morsy

Macca
Jacobs
Pilkington

Grigg

But to be honest the personnel matter a lot less than our approach. If we can be positive and attack on the deck with tempo we will have a chance, if we do negatuve long ball stuff we've been using lately we will be lambs to the slaughter. Cook sounded like he was going to finally get back to playing our own game in his interview but his actions will speak louder than words.

Hopefully he will be true to what he said and we will pull of an upset and finally kick on. The signing of Pilkington seems to have given us a bit of a lift but we need to produce a good performance tomorrow at least. It will be a very hard game but if we dont turn up i can see the crowd turning. We desperately need something to keep the faith hopefully tomorrow will be the day we finally get it.

I would include 2 people who should be available to the club, my 11 -

Jones
James Kipre Dunkley Connolly
Morsy Power
Lang McManaman Pilkington
Grigg

What it will be
Walton
James Kipre Dunkley Naismith
Morsy Gibson
Bryne Evans Pilkington
Vaughan

Last edited:
The manager has said Pilkington starts which is somewhat of a risk because he’s had little game time this season. Inspiration or desperation? I’m finding it very hard to see us draw let alone win. A comfortable afternoon for Villa unfortunately is my prediction.

Prediction...Tom and Jerries in Ashton will be rammed with Villa anytime soon. They seem to like this place whenever they are in Lancashire. When they played PNE a few weeks ago I was in there with the wife with Latics top on and they were a very good natured bunch.

The manager has said Pilkington starts which is somewhat of a risk because he’s had little game time this season. Inspiration or desperation? I’m finding it very hard to see us draw let alone win. A comfortable afternoon for Villa unfortunately is my prediction.
Well he won't be playing once Jacobs Powell and Massey are all fit.