Aston Villa match | Page 4 | Vital Football

Aston Villa match

I would demand a recount but if I did I fear it would be 5-0 or more.

Told you we are a strange team, look at the money spent, the wages they are on, the so called big game players. I would swear about them but then I'd have to moderate and ban myself!!!!!!!!!!

We look good on paper, sadly we have to play on turf :lol::shake:

Totally deserved today for you guys, if not for our keeper making two great saves, it could have been more. Where we strolled, your team showed desire.

Good luck the rest of the season, hope that gives you the confidence to push on.

Went back to the same tactics from last season and the opening 9 games of this season and hey presto, we looked like a very good Championship side. Despite still missing several players. Cook must keep these tactics now and not go negative next week at Sheff Wed.

was difficult as an outsider to see how you have struggled this season. Your use of the ball was really good, wish my team tried something radical like your tactics, i.e. when you pass the ball, pass it to one of your players not to the oppo!

Thought Windass played well especially 2nd half, if it was his chance early on (I never can tell despite the specs) it was hit well and on target and the keeper was either brilliant or jammy, but he saved it.

When Abraham missed the fairly open goal presented to him by the Jones/Kipre balls up, I thought that was when our luck may finally have turned, had that gone in there would have been a collective “oh FFS here we go again” through the crowd and the team.
Fair play it didn’t go in and we were never under pressure 2nd half playing proper football again.
Garner was a bloody nuisance to their defence, Jacobs looked excellent coming on and James just gets better.

Good performance well deserved, now let’s go an get something, anything away from home the next two weeks.

That was the first time we have played like a team for two months. Excellent pressing and passing and we took our chances really well. Anthony Pilkington may well prove to be the missing piece and I'm so pleased for Michael Jacobs to score a goal in his first game back after 3 months out.

Early days but we look like we may have got our team back.

First game I have enjoyed for a long time. Brilliant!!

A magnificent performance. 30 quid down in bets and worth every penny. Everyone played well but Garner, Roberts, Morsy, Pilkington, James take a bow. Pilkington going some way to proving me wrong, brilliant skill for that first goal. Fans brilliant as well, we have to back this up now and win one of our next two aways.

Finall pressing football is back! Well done Cook!! Garner mom for me and windass ran all game for once, funny how players play different when the tactics are right! More of the same

Finall pressing football is back! Well done Cook!! Garner mom for me and windass ran all game for once, funny how players play different when the tactics are right! More of the same

Fair few Mom's....James / Roberts / Mossy / Garner - take your pick, always nice when we win eh!!@

Pilks was outstanding. Weight of pass was close to perfect, collected and held the ball under pressure and always looked to play forwards. He had a very positive influence on the game and man of the match for me.

James had a brilliant game, put in some very good driven crosses which caused them problems, also was very strong defensively.

They all did well, it was a very good team performance. Small mention for Jones, although he had two communication errors with Kipre, he shows so much more composure than Walton. Hope he gets a run until he's not deserving of the shirt anymore, rather than swapped back after a win.

That was the first time we have played like a team for two months. Excellent pressing and passing and we took our chances really well. Anthony Pilkington may well prove to be the missing piece and I'm so pleased for Michael Jacobs to score a goal in his first game back after 3 months out.

Early days but we look like we may have got our team back.

First game I have enjoyed for a long time. Brilliant!!
correct pressed from the start

One thing what makes Jones much better than Walton ATM is how he does not rush to hoof the ball up field, he slows the game down and picks a pass. Simple difference like that keep us on the front foot and on the ball which is the Wigan way.

Great win. Cooky must have been listening to all the calls of positivity. More forward balls, more passing and moving and less long balls. Also upped the tempo. Well done lads.
Why the dross for the last few months?

yeh like he will take your genius approach to games

Well that was just ruddy marvellous.

More plan A- than A or B but a thoroughly deserved victory and a decent performance. Villa were shite but it would be churlish to say we won only won because of that, because we didn't.

Made a refreshing change to see us try and play some football for once and it begs the question why we haven't tried for months as there would have been none of this talk of replacing Cook.

I must say I feared the worst when Windarse missed that easy chance to score, though he did hit the target for once. Kipre was sleeping for that cock up with Jones by committing the cardinal error of switching off though thankfully the opposition today missed the sitter and it was probably the key moment of the game.

Certainly couldn't fault the effort and commitment today. Garner was a pest and probably showing why he was bought. Pilkington looked very comfortable, as he should given his experience at this level and looks a very good purchase. Morsy and James also excellent once again. Great to see Jacobs back also and a fine goal to boot. A pleasant Saturday evening awaits for the first time in a while.

A magnificent performance. 30 quid down in bets and worth every penny. Everyone played well but Garner, Roberts, Morsy, Pilkington, James take a bow. Pilkington going some way to proving me wrong, brilliant skill for that first goal. Fans brilliant as well, we have to back this up now and win one of our next two aways.[/Quote

Teach you to bet against your own team lol

Well that was just ruddy marvellous.

More plan A- than A or B but a thoroughly deserved victory and a decent performance. Villa were shite but it would be churlish to say we won only won because of that, because we didn't.

Made a refreshing change to see us try and play some football for once and it begs the question why we haven't tried for months as there would have been none of this talk of replacing Cook.

I must say I feared the worst when Windarse missed that easy chance to score, though he did hit the target for once. Kipre was sleeping for that cock up with Jones by committing the cardinal error of switching off though thankfully the opposition today missed the sitter and it was probably the key moment of the game.

Certainly couldn't fault the effort and commitment today. Garner was a pest and probably showing why he was bought. Pilkington looked very comfortable, as he should given his experience at this level and looks a very good purchase. Morsy and James also excellent once again. Great to see Jacobs back also and a fine goal to boot. A pleasant Saturday evening awaits for the first time in a while.

someone else has logged in on your moniker cawnt be MIW

The manager has said Pilkington starts which is somewhat of a risk because he’s had little game time this season. Inspiration or desperation? I’m finding it very hard to see us draw let alone win. A comfortable afternoon for Villa unfortunately is my prediction.

Never been more pleased to have my words rammed down my throat! Great performance and an even better result.

As Jimmy Greaves use to say to Ian St john on their radio programme, its a funny old game Saint-- I know a bit before your time.
I am so pleased for the team, lets hope they can get that allusive away win which we have all been waiting for.