Aston Villa-Manchester City Premier League Post Match Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

Aston Villa-Manchester City Premier League Post Match Thread

19:04
'Showed City too much respect'
FT: Aston Villa 1-6 Manchester City

Aston Villa boss Dean Smith, speaking to Match of the Day: "It's tough when you come up against world class teams.

"There’s a professional pride as a coach and a team and the third goal summed it up - they had about 20 passes without us laying a glove on them.

"Up until that point we had contained them but Marhez has passed it in from eight yards and no one had a tackle on him.

"There was no physical contact for the first and third goal and we have also made mistakes that allowed them to get in.

"We did play a part. We had a game plan and we started off fairly brightly but we were giving them too much respect."

19:04
'Showed City too much respect'
FT: Aston Villa 1-6 Manchester City

Aston Villa boss Dean Smith, speaking to Match of the Day: "It's tough when you come up against world class teams.

"There’s a professional pride as a coach and a team and the third goal summed it up - they had about 20 passes without us laying a glove on them.

"Up until that point we had contained them but Marhez has passed it in from eight yards and no one had a tackle on him.

"There was no physical contact for the first and third goal and we have also made mistakes that allowed them to get in.

"We did play a part. We had a game plan and we started off fairly brightly but we were giving them too much respect."
Condensed: Smith: we’re crap.

19:07
'Goal scoring is Aguero's gift'
FT: Aston Villa 1-6 Man City

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola speaking to BBC 5 Live: "The performance was really good. The commitment was really important. We always want to play well and to the very end. I am satisfied by the way we played and the way we fought right until the very end. You have to apply pressure at all time. Hopefully we will keep playing well and qualify for the Champions League."

On Sergio Aguero:"He has scored a lot of goals, he is happy to be here, he is a legend, he has passed another legend in Thierry Henry. The guys score goals. Everyone has a talent and this is his. He has a gift - when the ball is at his feet, he is amazing."

19:12
'We'll continue to try to sign more players'
FT: Aston Villa 1-6 Man City

More from Dean Smith, speaking to MOTD: "Our season is not going to defined by loses to Man City and Liverpool. You have to learn from this. We have to ask why weren’t we competitive and why were we giving them too much respect."

On the club's injury issues: "It's a continuing saga. We’ve had three injuries to key players – although that's not an excuse."

On potential new signings: "We know we need recruit players and we’ll continue to try and get them."

There are some seriously sad people out there. Some of the comments on the BBC report on the game...... :shake: FFS .......haven’t the JoMUor dipper fans got anything better to do than post vitriolic, utterly ridiculous or just petty comments on the report of a result on a game which doesn’t feature your club?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50996712

Geez.

There are some seriously sad people out there. Some of the comments on the BBC report on the game...... :shake: FFS .......haven’t the JoMUor dipper fans got anything better to do than post vitriolic, utterly ridiculous or just petty comments on the report of a result on a game which doesn’t feature your club?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50996712

Geez.
It’s green-faced jealousy, nothing more, nothing less.

Daily Mail player ratings

Ederson 6 Cancelo 7.5 Stones 6.5 Fernie 7 Mendy 6.5 De Bruyne 8 Rodri 7 D Silva 7
Mahrez 8 Aguero 8.5 G Jesus 7

Otamendi no marking (I don't know why), Foden 6.5 Gundogan 7

Pep Guardiola 7

Referee Jonathan Moss 7

A rather telling couple of posts on a Spuds forum.....

“the Prem. 6-0 up away from home, they are by a countrymile the best side in the Prem, and it will be a tragedy for football if the 1-0 Arsenal team of the North win the Prem.
Looking forward to seeing City at WHL in a couple of weeks time. A team that play the game the right way.”
Reply:
posted 1 hour, 44 minutes ago
comment by Billy The Yidd (U3924)
posted 2 minutes ago
“Totally agree, they win games by battering the opposition with great football. They don`t have dodgy decisions, VAR and referees dragging them along on an almost weekly basis like VARpool do.
There is also a certain amount of resentment against City among the powers that be, which is partly the reason why they are determined that Pool shall win the league.” (my emphasis)

We are not paranoid.

Just when you think Kun maybe on the slide he comes up with another hat-trick and blows Villa away. For me the best goal was our fourth with that sublime pass from Red Kev. All in all very satisfying performance, but who will replace our master poacher, they only come around every 20 years or so, how we will miss him.

Just when you think Kun maybe on the slide he comes up with another hat-trick and blows Villa away. For me the best goal was our fourth with that sublime pass from Red Kev. All in all very satisfying performance, but who will replace our master poacher, they only come around every 20 years or so, how we will miss him.
I don’t want to be made to think about that JK. Hitting
:ROFLMAO:

Enjoyed my breakfast today.
Stones is an enigma reckon. Good steady game from him.
Mendy still having trouble with his passes but not too bad overall.
Cancelo had a great game along with the usual culprits eg Kev, Merlin and co.
Kun is great, no other way to describe him.
Congrats to him breaking two records.

I could watch that pass on repeat........Sublime. Reminiscent of the one for Sané vs Stoke City in 2017/18 which, for me, is one of the best passes I have ever seen. Otherworldly.