Aston Villa - Liverpool Sun 4th October 19.15 Thread | Page 60 | Vital Football

Aston Villa - Liverpool Sun 4th October 19.15 Thread

He wasn't MOTM for me Jack was by a country mile IMO also thought Cash,Barkley and even Trez had better games tbf just pointing out normally when SJM has a super game we normally cream ourselves over him.

yes Andy but what did you think about Mason Mount?;)

It may appear that SJM was at fault for Liverpool’s second goal, when he didn’t get a tackle in before the pass to Salah. However I think Watkins, bless him, while chasing back to make amends for losing the ball, completely got in SJM’s way. Opinions are funny aren’t they - I thought McGinn was superb.

I'm being over critical mate, Watkins did get in the way but reading that play better McGinn didn't even need to go close too as 3 players were scrambling for the ball, in the end he got too close and ended up being nutmegged, but if he just stayed off or move towards goal a little for cover he would of got the challenge in or kept the player from making that pass into the box.

For me I would expect him to read the play better, i'll show the first goal and second goal.

1601895594481.png

1601895838130.png
1601896000542.png

Because he didn't follow his man into the box, Mings had to pick him up forcing him out of position leaving Konsa to deal with two men after Cash got dispossessed too far up the field.

He could of corrected it by making that move instead he ball watched went straight to the player who simply past in front of him, where he could of had the block or the interception or even booting it for a corner.

1601896259780.png
1601896307077.png
1601896389302.png
1601896465041.png

So call me harsh but for me better positioning and I don't think we would of seen them two goals, not to mention the pen Liverpool should of had.

I mean that's how I see it, Like you say we all see things differently.

I'm being over critical mate, Watkins did get in the way but reading that play better McGinn didn't even need to go close too as 3 players were scrambling for the ball, in the end he got too close and ended up being nutmegged, but if he just stayed off or move towards goal a little for cover he would of got the challenge in or kept the player from making that pass into the box.

For me I would expect him to read the play better, i'll show the first goal and second goal.

View attachment 42644

View attachment 42645
View attachment 42646

Because he didn't follow his man into the box, Mings had to pick him up forcing him out of position leaving Konsa to deal with two men after Cash got dispossessed too far up the field.

He could of corrected it by making that move instead he ball watched went straight to the player who simply past in front of him, where he could of had the block or the interception or even booting it for a corner.

View attachment 42649
View attachment 42650
View attachment 42651
View attachment 42652

So call me harsh but for me better positioning and I don't think we would of seen them two goals, not to mention the pen Liverpool should of had.

I mean that's how I see it, Like you say we all see things differently.

What about the foul on Cash for the first goal and Mings showing Salah a free shot on the second. We can analyse things far too deeply but in the end it didn't matter a monkeys chuff :wahey:

HAHA I remember Highbury unfortunately Rotterdam was a blur I was drunk leaving Brierley Hill for the ferry and unfortunately I never recovered for the duration of the trip.

I got pissed on the way back from Rotterdam and in conjunction with the sea sickness pills can't remember anything after Ostende.