Aston Villa - Liverpool Sun 4th October 19.15 Thread | Page 65 | Vital Football

Aston Villa - Liverpool Sun 4th October 19.15 Thread

There can't be an Aston Villa fan on the planet who isn't still on a high following our victory over Liverpool at the weekend. An Ollie Watkins hat-trick, Jack Grealish's brace and further efforts from Ross Barkley and John McGinn kept our 100% Premier League record going for the 2020/21 campaign and we all know the score should've been higher than the 7-2 it became.
https://astonvilla.vitalfootball.co...-duo-reflect-on-sundays-magnificent-exploits/

There can't be an Aston Villa fan on the planet who isn't still on a high following our victory over Liverpool at the weekend. An Ollie Watkins hat-trick, Jack Grealish's brace and further efforts from Ross Barkley and John McGinn kept our 100% Premier League record going for the 2020/21 campaign and we all know the score should've been higher than the 7-2 it became.
https://astonvilla.vitalfootball.co...-duo-reflect-on-sundays-magnificent-exploits/
No complacency here, I'm desperate the game against Liverpool was not "the Lord Mayors Show" - because what happens after????

And Leicester are my Dad's team, and his Dad's team - oh boy I've been a disappointment :lol:

This year marks my 30th year as a Villan. Lot's of ups and downs with the Villa and with life in general during that time. Never in a million years did I expect to be feeling this week as giddy as I did all those years ago as a wide eyed kid astonished at the sheer beauty of the stadium and the sea of claret and blue that greeted me for the first time.
This game, this result, this statement from this team has taken me back to those days and filled me with hope and wonder and excitement for the future. And when a simple game of football can make a tired old skeptic feel like a kid again that's a special thing. It doesn't come around that often.

Could make a massive difference, seems highly rated, quite a coup. I've asked a few in the game, no name dropping, who say they are impressed at the appointment.

thats what i heard too, but some hear arent convinced.... obviously his champions league experience and the fact he helped coach 5000-1 outsiders to the premier league title against all odds doesnt mean anything to some unless hes been there a tatey (no idea) season.... its a shame people dont think of the effect new managers hve when they go in (Remi Garde excepted)

This year marks my 30th year as a Villan. Lot's of ups and downs with the Villa and with life in general during that time. Never in a million years did I expect to be feeling this week as giddy as I did all those years ago as a wide eyed kid astonished at the sheer beauty of the stadium and the sea of claret and blue that greeted me for the first time.
This game, this result, this statement from this team has taken me back to those days and filled me with hope and wonder and excitement for the future. And when a simple game of football can make a tired old skeptic feel like a kid again that's a special thing. It doesn't come around that often.

I'm wearing my villa scarf now.
Not worn it in bed but all day every day since kick-off Sunday.