Aston Villa Away To Wolves Match Thread | Vital Football

Aston Villa Away To Wolves Match Thread

VitalFootballAdmin

Vital Squad Member
Staff member
Aston Villa skipper John Terry knows the club are going into a 'huge game' against Wolverhampton Wanderers when the international break comes to an end.

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7523653">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

Think the Terry effect will appear more and more as the season wears on. Glad we have him. Pressure is on Wolves as much as ourselves, and we need to make that count.

Can't wait for this game the stadium will be a couldron ,and we have sold out all our allocation as per usual.

The atmosphere will be white hot .

He's starting to really look the part now, took a short time to settle which is understandable, it's a totally different kind of quality this league obviously.

As for the match. Can't wait. Big test as you say CDX. We are the form team of the league though.

He really is looking the leader now that he was at Chelsea. His upturn of form seems to have had a positive effect on the team as a whole.

This is probably our hardest test so far and the international break has come at the wrong time. I can't see their Portuguese stars being able to keep up playing 3 games in a week between now and the end of the season so I don't see them finishing top 2.

For me this has a draw written all over it.

Their fans are being very cocky and confident about this game on the WM phone in.

I suppose it stems from being inbred. :3:

It's a big match for both sides.

I'm hoping for a win (of course) but as long as we are competitive, I'll be happy enough.

BodyButter - 4/10/2017 12:03

I'm hoping for a win (of course) but as long as we are competitive, I'll be happy enough.

I never believe people when they say that.

I don't think I've ever been happy after a defeat.

DeanoVilla - 4/10/2017 21:12

BodyButter - 4/10/2017 12:03

I never believe people when they say that.

I don't think I've ever been happy after a defeat.

I won't be happy if we lose. I don't want us to lose.

However, I'll be happy enough as long as we are competitive.

Would have prefered this match on a cold February night , It's still far too warm for the Portuguese legion

Firstly do not listen to wm .
We had over 4000 tickets last season and now they fancy themselves we get less.
This is the game to show our muscles.
We are surrounded by small time clubs which is then reflected by the small time radio stations .
Hyenas attack the lion when he is wea
k as they can't do it on there own. Wolves are a nothing team that in my lifetime have spent most years outside top flight , like there stripey in bred cousins. Roll your sleeves up villa and show your strength

Villan57 - 4/10/2017 18:08

Would have prefered this match on a cold February night , It's still far too warm for the Portuguese legion

Give it a couple of weeks and it will be far too cold for their pansies.

Silhillvilla - 4/10/2017 02:46

As long as we keep the defence tight we can win this .
When is Taylor case due

Taylor lost appeal yesterday. So do we play Clark at L/B or do we slot in Hutton?

That's Bruce's decision, just hope he make the right decision...... I couldn't call it tbh.

:94:

Well at the end of the day, we have no back-up LB, so whoever fills in will be sub-standard.

As long as it's not Bjarnason, it doesn't much matter I guess. Wolves' wide players must be licking their lips at the situation :10:

Pride of Lions - 5/10/2017 12:31

Silhillvilla - 4/10/2017 02:46

As long as we keep the defence tight we can win this .
When is Taylor case due

Taylor lost appeal yesterday. So do we play Clark at L/B or do we slot in Hutton?

That's Bruce's decision, just hope he make the right decision...... I couldn't call it tbh.

:94:
It's a difficult decision for Bruce. Not quite sure if Clark's ready (?) and not sure of Hutton at LB. Has Elmo ever played LB so Hutton could go on the right or would that upset things too much at the back? For once I'm not giving out that things should be done a certain way. I don't have a clue what way to go. Probably will be Bjarnason.

JuanPabloAngel - 5/10/2017 13:21

Well at the end of the day, we have no back-up LB, so whoever fills in will be sub-standard.

As long as it's not Bjarnason, it doesn't much matter I guess. Wolves' wide players must be licking their lips at the situation :10:

I can't fault Bjarnason's work rate from what I've seen. He seems to lack focus and can get caught out of position which you can't get away with in any of the back 4 positions. Would be a gamble to throw him in there but if Bruce has a word in his ear maybe it could pay off. He's not the most talented player I've seen VP though that's for sure.

Imagine Bouma in this division?