Aston Villa Away To Sheff Wednesday Match Thread | Page 19 | Vital Football

Aston Villa Away To Sheff Wednesday Match Thread

Was checking my phone all day, would have been happy for it to end 1-1 but just as my brother handed me my first Guinness of the day, I looked down to see 2-1, almost spilt the whole thing!

What a great result, 6 on the spin, and results went our way. Drink 'em if ya got 'em!

Lovely stuff, getting one over on Brucie. Decent bloke but nauseating media mates and excuses. Had money on us to win 2-1! Oh well, still happy! Apparently Kalinic did his knee on international duty, but will probs be back on the bench either Weds or on Sat.

Great win that we are learning how to grind results out now great finish from McGinn good to see uncle Albert back on the score sheet.The scenes after the second and third went in was mental absolutely brilliant hugs all round lol.

Only saw the game on a stream but he appeared to pick up where he left off. Straight back on his game.

Wonder if we will see him starting now and Hause move to LB?

Sooner he gets shot of Taylor the better for me , Bruce targetted Taylor and Elmo yesterday. I think Taylor made one important tackle all game, the rest of it he was back peddling like normal

Yeah he's not the greatest Martin the only thing you can say about him is he does give us natural balance on the left but I would say it's inevitable Hause will replace him as soon as Axel is up to speed.

Hause is injured so we can't drop Taylor yet.
I think he may rest Whelan on Wednesday, I still don't rate El Ghazi , did he have much input yesterday?

Oh yes, Oh yes - OH YESSSS !!!!!

Well, lets face it, we were poor, we were hanging on, we were nowhere near our best - but who the hell cares.

There are not many things in the whole of life that are as good as that feeling yesterday. That moment of sheer jubilation, that moment when 40 odd year old complete strangers are just going mental, hugging each other - it was just wonderful.

On the pitch - we had the first half, we dominated. They scored with a long punt forward that has been our Achilles heal all season, and fair play to Bruce for targeting it - but it really was there only chance. We equalised with yet another wonderful strike and it looked like there was only one winner

then, second half, they nullified our threats - stopped McGinn getting the ball, stopped the supply to the wingers, and as Blackburn, Grealish and Whelan both wanted to sit deep which means we had no outlet and it was one way traffic. They got the pen, it was a pen and to be honets, I thought a clear sending off, and I can't understand how he wasn't, but Steer - who has to be motm for this alone, saved us - if that had gone in, we would have lost, and probably by more.

The game was meandering out to a draw that both teams looked happy with, but then Adomah came on and suddenly Grealish realised he is actually more affective in the opposition half, so for the last 10 mins, we started to dominate again, and what the hell Kodjia was doing for his two chances god only knows.

And then it happened and it went mental !

All in all - brilliant result, was so important.at is the first time I have been to Wednesday since the 90's and I was totally shocked. I don't think it has even had a lick of paint since Hillsborough,still and by far the worst ground I have been to this mellenia. I was also shocked by the crowd - 29000 and 5000 of them were us, and they were very very quiet - been to Sheff Utd last year and it seems to me, Utd have passed Wednesday both on and off the pitch by a long way.

Roll on 1 instead of left !

motm - has to be Steer - game changer

He drifts in and out the games but he's capable of some lovely pieces of football at times which makes his unpredictability a threat I actually like him in the team.

Yes me too.

I think Albert will start on Wednesday as well.

Slightly concerned that a couple of times v Blackburn and again yesterday we have been undone by the long ball over the top and I think Rotherham are a long ball side , so we have to be on our guard Wednesday.

However we can't play well every game and yesterday was such a day. I was worried all week about the game as Bruce had them well wound up for it.

I think Smith will rest Green and possibly ElGhazi , I'm sure he'll play Albert.
We looked a bit jaded second half, I forgot Mcginn was on the pitch. There again Bruce cut out our midfield and pressure the weak links, we saw the reason he prefered Hutton at Left back over Taylor.
Is Hause out then or don't we know??

I like El Ghazi. There is always an element of inconsistency with wingers. But he is less inconsistent than Green I would drop Green for Albert weds and also tweak the midfield with Connor for Whelan. Think it's a good thing to tinker slightly to freshen things up. Especially with 3 games in a week.

I like El Ghazi. There is always an element of inconsistency with wingers. But he is less inconsistent than Green I would drop Green for Albert weds and also tweak the midfield with Connor for Whelan. Think it's a good thing to tinker slightly to freshen things up. Especially with 3 games in a week.

I was starting to like you melon :Fingers:

I was wondering yesterday in the second half why we didn't swap our wingers over and also push Mcginn or Jack up against Bannan as he was spraying balls everywhere.
Two games running now and we haven't had the answer to teams stopping us bringing it out from the back , there again we've still won them both despite this