Aston Villa Away To Sheff Wednesday Match Thread | Page 20 | Vital Football

Aston Villa Away To Sheff Wednesday Match Thread

I was wondering yesterday in the second half why we didn't swap our wingers over and also push Mcginn or Jack up against Bannan as he was spraying balls everywhere.
Two games running now and we haven't had the answer to teams stopping us bringing it out from the back , there again we've still won them both despite this

Be interested to hear your player scores Heinz.

I'm still smiling like a school girl at a boyband concert after yesterday's events.
Wife thinks I've gone special and keeps calling me a retard,,, that's not her pet name for me by the way,, its tosser if any one cares.
but I can't stop looking at the table , knowing it's now in our hands no matter what the other clubs do.
oh to see a miserable old git feeling giddy again.
I just feel so more confident this season in the playoffs under Smith than Bruce.
oh happy days

What an ending that was, 90 min I'm thinking hang on for a draw lads, 94 mins I'm being hugged by random strangers and we've won 3-1 . Absolutely mental scenes!!

Steer 8 He's finally made that match-winning save I've been talking about for weeks, making him my man of the match.

Elmo 6 Steady but caught out for the Wednesday goal, did set up our 3rd to make up for it.

Taylor 6 Targetted by Bruce as the weak link, to his credit he was the first player to react to the penalty save.

Hause 7 Was doing well until he had to go off won most things and look cool on the ball

Mings 7 Played on after injury, great ball to Green for the equaliser gave away a silly Penalty and must buy Steer a pint for the get out of jail card.

Whelan 6 Not his best game, he's a battler and he battled well in this game.

McGinn 6.5 Extra point for another great goal, I forgot he was on the pitch second half not one of his best games either but he does have a very high standard to live up to.

Grealish 6.5 Played very deep. Why? came to life in the 90th minute and looked like the Jack we know and love.

Green 6 Set up John McGinn's goal, otherwise not really in the game especially second half subbed for Albert.

Abraham 6 Hardly touched the ball but got his goal, needs to get in the game when the going gets tough. Passing and hold up play was very sloppy.

El Ghazi 6 Looked ok first half but second, his wasn't in it, he wasn't alone. Subbed for KoJ.

Subs:

Axle T 6 Came on as a sub for the injured Hause. It was a difficult time to come on as Villa were getting a chasing, he eventually got into it after a shaky start.

Albert 7 Scored the winner and defended well so I've given him a bonus point for that, pretty sure he did enough to keep his place next game.

Koj 7 another one getting an extra point for setting up the winner, I should take it back off him for that miss, Just head it!!

Coach Smith 7 Subs worked but they are predictable, needed to change something second half, he eventually did and we won so credit for that.

Been reading a few comments from Wednesday fans to get a different persepctive on yesterday. They seem bewildered they managed to lose it and most would have been disapointed with a draw. All seem to be talking about one of their mids marking Grealish out the game.
2 games in a row now teams have changed tactics at half time and stopped us playing 2nd half. Deano needs to find a solution to this as a better team than Blackburn or Wednesday would have probably got more out of it

They got the pen, it was a pen and to be honest, I thought a clear sending off, and I can't understand how he wasn't......
It's got to be a clear deliberate foul under the double jeopardy rules nowadays HL, otherwise the penalty and yellow card is deemed to be sufficient punishment.

A yellow was enough. The ball had gone away from their player so it was nowhere near a goal scoring chance.

Has anyone looked at the league table and thought about the possibility of playing albion in the play offs? What carnage that’ll be.

Has anyone looked at the league table and thought about the possibility of playing albion in the play offs? What carnage that’ll be.
I thought the same yesterday , I’d rather them than Leeds or sheff Utd , and yes carnage sums it up .

From what I’ve been reading it sounds like Taylor had a pretty good game? He was given the worst treatment by Bruce & you could see by how he was targeted yesterday how little Bruce thought of him so hope he did play well.
Need to use the squad Wednesday I’d be looking at starting Lansbury possibly even at the expense of Jack. He’s played a lot of games since his return & could always come off the bench if needed.

Anyone going to Rotherham? I’ve joined up as a member with them but now they are saying that due to big numbers of away fans trying to get tickets in the home end their not on general sale ,