Aston Villa away to Man Utd New Years Day | Vital Football

Aston Villa away to Man Utd New Years Day

I hope that Dean is strong enough (probably not the right phrase) to not put Mings back in straight away. I think Hause and Konsa (our best defender) worked well v Chelsea.

Got to show all players there aren't automatic places, to be fair, that would be Jack aside.

Hause said the other day in the interview that him and Konsa are close and good mates off the pitch could be a good partnership in the making, that said Mings definitely has quality about him and hopefully he'll just continue to work hard and win his place back now he knows he isn't an automatic starter.

I'd feel for Traore if he gets dropped next match but because of his fitness he looks like he needs a rest.

I'd probably start Jack LW, Barkley middle, El Ghazi RW and tell EL Ghazi to give it everything he has for 60minutes, and tell Traore the same for 30minutes.

I can't help but think we need Jack on the left and we need Barkley to take that pressure off him in the middle, it should then give El Ghazi more space on the right.

I've been tempted to go onto the Erod to predict the Manure match, but a) I want to wait until after tomorrows' match against the dingles and b) If Man Citeh have fresh outbreaks of covid, by the 1st Jan. could Manure have some too?

So I think I'll wait until Wednesday at the earliest.

Keep Barkley on the bench until Traore, Grealish, McGinn or El Ghazi don't perform or get suspended/injured in my opinion. Keep the loanee on the bench and use him as a sub.

Mings is different, in my opinion. Messed up big time against Palace, terrible performance, but he's still second captain in my book and is a better player than Hause as it stands, so starts against United for me.

It'll be an exciting game. Mad as it sounds, I've watched Utd a few times this season and I'd say itll be a very even game against two very similar sides.

I've been tempted to go onto the Erod to predict the Manure match, but a) I want to wait until after tomorrows' match against the dingles and b) If Man Citeh have fresh outbreaks of covid, by the 1st Jan. could Manure have some too?

So I think I'll wait until Wednesday at the earliest.

Match day for me :ROFLMAO:

Mings is different, in my opinion. Messed up big time against Palace, terrible performance, but he's still second captain in my book and is a better player than Hause as it stands, so starts against United for me.

Not for me, He can eat some humble pie on the bench, We allow him a clanger each game, his organisation has been off, we defend as a team it's not because of Mings has saved us this season, he has a mistake in him every game, he fails to open his body up when there's a shot on goal, he gets into silly spats, he goes on social media calls out us "Villains" about the abuse El Ghazi received even though it was a very small minority, He goes on silly runs looking for one two's from Grealish and through balls in the 6 yard box.

He keeps the line too high in the oppositions half and we dropped points against Brighton for it, he get's dispossessed easily for trying to dribble past players, he nearly cost us against Burnley I think getting dispossessed near their box and Traore of all players went on a mad sprint and saved us a point with Mings still sitting on his arse wondering how he got dispossessed yet again.

It's only because we have 8 clean sheets, Martinez has been sensational, Konsa solid as a rock ( really doesn't make any of these above mistakes nor does Hause) and the team on a whole have defended really really well.

We just got a point at Stamford Bridge, a place we have a really really shit record and we did not miss Mings whatsoever, What I did miss was the above errors.

He is clearly a good player, but he thinks he is something special that can take on players, that can run through the other teams, for me this is where he can sit it out, reflect on what's been going on, someone please show him the mistakes he has done this season and then and maybe then he'll be a bit more grounded, a bit more focussed on keeping a solid line, weary of a counter attack, be vocal for other players to keep their positioning as vice captain that is his job, and as vice captain he should not be allowing Zaha win mind games and get sent off.

Hause has done nothing wrong for me, and until he starts looking out of his depth then he starts, because he handled Chelsea to a point.

Definitely not a Mings hater, I want to see improvements from him, 60 odd Premiership games he still has a lot to learn.

At least we have the advantage of an extra days rest.

Something for OGS to moan about I imagine.

But Man U were off today so would’ve had over 2 days since they played leicester on Saturday lunchtime and then 3 days until they play us, our boys only had 1 day to rest for Chelsea so I’d say their schedule is certainly more favourable, not to mention they haven’t got to travel anywhere.

Last edited:
The one team I want to beat the most is United.. I cant stand them.... most of my mates are United fans, my father in law is United fan.... who tells me how crap villa have been.... I hate that. I hated fergie time, I hate their cockiness, I hated macheda scoring against us in his debut, I hated how Vidic wasn't sent off in the cup final, I hated how we lost Yorke, Bosnich and Young to them, I hated how their fans bemoaned the team being sh!t yet still finished in the top 5, I hated how Scholes scored worldies against us, I hated van Gaal over acting, i hated ollie at the wheel, I hated how we lost out on the title to them, I hated their Jersey excuses, I hate how they've gotten something like 22 penalties in the last season, I hated Fernandez standing on Konsa ankle but got a penalty for it, I hated Jose managing them cos they were perfect for each other, I hated the fact they've got about 4 players in the premier most expensive list but "just need to invest in the team more" I hate how their keeper resembles a llama, how Gary Neville has a permanent line in his forehead from frowning so much, I hate how super Jack is always linked to them at every window.... so to sum up, I don't like them, I want villa to win, I want them to win big and I will love listening to their excuses.

The one team I want to beat the most is United.. I cant stand them.... most of my mates are United fans, my father in law is United fan.... who tells me how crap villa have been.... I hate that. I hated fergie time, I hate their cockiness, I hated macheda scoring against us in his debut, I hated how Vidic wasn't sent off in the cup final, I hated how we lost Yorke, Bosnich and Young to them, I hated how their fans bemoaned the team being sh!t yet still finished in the top 5, I hated how Scholes scored worldies against us, I hated van Gaal over acting, i hated ollie at the wheel, I hated how we lost out on the title to them, I hated their Jersey excuses, I hate how they've gotten something like 22 penalties in the last season, I hated Fernandez standing on Konsa ankle but got a penalty for it, I hated Jose managing them cos they were perfect for each other, I hated the fact they've got about 4 players in the premier most expensive list but "just need to invest in the team more" I hate how their keeper resembles a llama, how Gary Neville has a permanent line in his forehead from frowning so much, I hate how super Jack is always linked to them at every window.... so to sum up, I don't like them, I want villa to win, I want them to win big and I will love listening to their excuses.
Hate is a strong word, but sadly not strong enough - I hated those trips up there in the mid to late seventies. But what I hated most of all was getting my head kicked in in the Serpentine car park after a home game. The screws and their dogs just watched - God knows how I survived/escaped. If you all hate younited, all hate younited, all hate younited clap your hands.
I wallow in the glory of December 1970.

If there's one thing I've learned in my time as a Villa fan it's that Villa don't beat man utd. I've only seen us beat them 4 times in 27 years or so of going to games. 94 cup final, 96 season opener, 98 league Cup early round when they played a weakened team and the 10 away win. Seeing as we must have played them on 60 or so occasions in that time its an appalling record so I'm expecting nothing.

I hate this lot almost as much as blues and probably a little more than the Albion. Growing up in the 90s and having every twat at school being a glory hunting utd fan was a bitter pill and I will never like anyone associated with any of their 90s or early 2000s sides. Its part of the reason I could never warm to Bruce.

If we beat these I'll celebrate like we've won the league and demand Deano gets a lifetime contract. There's little they'd be able to do wrong in my view should we get 3 points new years day.

So they're your number 2 team, chieftoast :halo: