Aston Villa away to Man Utd New Years Day | Page 3 | Vital Football

Aston Villa away to Man Utd New Years Day

It’s Hause’s spot to lose in my opinion. I’m not really one for sentimental value as it’s a professional sport so if Mings was missed I would say bring him in, but Hause can do do the job and is probably more suited if they were to start Cavani, whilst Konsa can take over the leadership of the back role.

I really don’t think Mings is enough of a level above Hause given the amount of erratic errors he makes, which a united front line could punish.

I fully expect him to play Mings but I don’t see why.

We need to be much tighter at the back than we were last night and whoever plays in front of cash needs to work their socks off.

The one team I want to beat the most is United.. I cant stand them.... most of my mates are United fans, my father in law is United fan.... who tells me how crap villa have been.... I hate that. I hated fergie time, I hate their cockiness, I hated macheda scoring against us in his debut, I hated how Vidic wasn't sent off in the cup final, I hated how we lost Yorke, Bosnich and Young to them, I hated how their fans bemoaned the team being sh!t yet still finished in the top 5, I hated how Scholes scored worldies against us, I hated van Gaal over acting, i hated ollie at the wheel, I hated how we lost out on the title to them, I hated their Jersey excuses, I hate how they've gotten something like 22 penalties in the last season, I hated Fernandez standing on Konsa ankle but got a penalty for it, I hated Jose managing them cos they were perfect for each other, I hated the fact they've got about 4 players in the premier most expensive list but "just need to invest in the team more" I hate how their keeper resembles a llama, how Gary Neville has a permanent line in his forehead from frowning so much, I hate how super Jack is always linked to them at every window.... so to sum up, I don't like them, I want villa to win, I want them to win big and I will love listening to their excuses.
If there's one thing I've learned in my time as a Villa fan it's that Villa don't beat man utd. I've only seen us beat them 4 times in 27 years or so of going to games. 94 cup final, 96 season opener, 98 league Cup early round when they played a weakened team and the 10 away win. Seeing as we must have played them on 60 or so occasions in that time its an appalling record so I'm expecting nothing.

I hate this lot almost as much as blues and probably a little more than the Albion. Growing up in the 90s and having every twat at school being a glory hunting utd fan was a bitter pill and I will never like anyone associated with any of their 90s or early 2000s sides. Its part of the reason I could never warm to Bruce.

If we beat these I'll celebrate like we've won the league and demand Deano gets a lifetime contract. There's little they'd be able to do wrong in my view should we get 3 points new years day.

Glad Im not the only one who feels this way

I actually thought this was at Villa Park, silly me.

We've got the odd decent result there over the last few years, but it's at home where I really want to beat them, it's only been 25 feckin years. The amount of times we were denied late on, and threw away leads against them, just to see their big smug heads smiling at the end. I don't know what we've done to deserve it, but the universe is a cruel place.

I really, really, really, hate them.

If there's one thing I've learned in my time as a Villa fan it's that Villa don't beat man utd. I've only seen us beat them 4 times in 27 years or so of going to games. 94 cup final, 96 season opener, 98 league Cup early round when they played a weakened team and the 10 away win. Seeing as we must have played them on 60 or so occasions in that time its an appalling record so I'm expecting nothing.

We lost to them because we weren't good enough. We are good enough.

Remember the 1994 final. Ron assembled a cracking team, full of character and had a game plan to defeat them. It worked, against a very strong United.

We're facing a much weaker United, we have a cracking team, we're playing with maturity and we can do it.

We need to be much tighter at the back than we were last night and whoever plays in front of cash needs to work their socks off.

I think at half time Traore had a talking to, he was actually doing an okay at tracking back but it was very 50/50 an then he completely switched off for the Chelsea goal, In the second half he stayed back a lot more but just looked absolutely shattered, I believe if he does start we'll see more of a Traore that featured in the second half but he'll be fresher.

Just looked and we have won once in 41 tries against them since a win in 1999!!

Unbelievably crap record. The one win was a Gabby goal in 2009.

True, but ManU are arguably as weak as they've been since the early 90's. I think they will just come out and attack us which will leave space for our forwards to use their pace and get at them. If we can get the first goal I think they are there for the taking

This is my prediction especially with AVFC retweeting Barkley, Traore will take a rest on the bench, If Mings comes in it'll be incredibly harsh on Hause but then again, he could be very influential in the Villa camp and might be a little embarrassing being kept out, Vice Captain, England International losing to a fringe 3m signing who cost 8 times less, but would definitely be the right call.

--------------------------------Watkins-----------------------------

----Grealish--------------------Barkley--------------------El Ghazi

---------------------McGinn----------------Luiz--------------------

Targett-------------Hause-----------------Konsa-----------Cash--

--------------------------------Martinez----------------------------

I think at half time Traore had a talking to, he was actually doing an okay at tracking back but it was very 50/50 an then he completely switched off for the Chelsea goal, In the second half he stayed back a lot more but just looked absolutely shattered, I believe if he does start we'll see more of a Traore that featured in the second half but he'll be fresher.

Mattie Cash had a word with him early in the second half as well but yes he was much better in the second half in carrying out his defensive duties.

I really hate the plastic cocky twats more than any team in the world. It would bring a massive smile to my face if we won by the dodgiest decision known to man to make up for the years of being cheated by these bastards.

But we won't need such a decision as we are far better than them and considerably richer too.

Traore and El Ghazi have to start, they've both been excellent this month and neither should be dropped or played out of position; El Ghazi right wing doesnt appeal to me.

Barkley can have his chance from the bench on 60 minutes, have a go at McTominay and Fred when they're tired and booked.

Mings had an amazing game at old Trafford last season, defensively and offensively. One of his many excellent performances since he joined us almost two years ago. He will rightly start, Hause is well worth his place as backup in the squad but I wouldn't trust him against Fernandez, Martial and Rashford as much as I would Mings personally.

I think it's going to be as even a game as we will see this season. Looking forward to it, it's a game we can win especially with Lindelof likely playing right back against the link up play of Grealish and El Ghazi and later Grealish and Barkley.

Traore and El Ghazi have to start, they've both been excellent this month and neither should be dropped or played out of position; El Ghazi right wing doesnt appeal to me.

Barkley can have his chance from the bench on 60 minutes, have a go at McTominay and Fred when they're tired and booked.

Mings had an amazing game at old Trafford last season, defensively and offensively. One of his many excellent performances since he joined us almost two years ago. He will rightly start, Hause is well worth his place as backup in the squad but I wouldn't trust him against Fernandez, Martial and Rashford as much as I would Mings personally.

I think it's going to be as even a game as we will see this season. Looking forward to it, it's a game we can win especially with Lindelof likely playing right back against the link up play of Grealish and El Ghazi and later Grealish and Barkley.

So Traore who cost us the goal and looks absolutely fucked has to start, but Hause who's our most in form defender has to be dropped ?

How Dean Smith and Aston Villa changed tack to pack a punch | Football News | Sky Sports

As much as a dislike Sky they've actually wrote a decent piece about us but probably haven't given us enough credit in what we can actually achieve this season.

I like this bit and makes absolute sense why Hause has came in and done a fantastic job, completing more aerial wins than Konsa and Mings put together.

"The approach gives Villa's energetic attacking trio of Ollie Watkins plus two from Anwar El-Ghazi, Jack Grealish, Trezeguet and Bertrand Traore more grass to run into. It means their central defenders, two from Tyrone Mings, Ezri Konsa and Kourtney Hause can defend to their aerial strength, rather than runners charging at them. They have kept eight clean sheets, one more than their entire tally last season. "

The one team I want to beat the most is United.. I cant stand them.... most of my mates are United fans, my father in law is United fan.... who tells me how crap villa have been.... I hate that. I hated fergie time, I hate their cockiness, I hated macheda scoring against us in his debut, I hated how Vidic wasn't sent off in the cup final, I hated how we lost Yorke, Bosnich and Young to them, I hated how their fans bemoaned the team being sh!t yet still finished in the top 5, I hated how Scholes scored worldies against us, I hated van Gaal over acting, i hated ollie at the wheel, I hated how we lost out on the title to them, I hated their Jersey excuses, I hate how they've gotten something like 22 penalties in the last season, I hated Fernandez standing on Konsa ankle but got a penalty for it, I hated Jose managing them cos they were perfect for each other, I hated the fact they've got about 4 players in the premier most expensive list but "just need to invest in the team more" I hate how their keeper resembles a llama, how Gary Neville has a permanent line in his forehead from frowning so much, I hate how super Jack is always linked to them at every window.... so to sum up, I don't like them, I want villa to win, I want them to win big and I will love listening to their excuses.

If I could like this more than once I would.

I really hate the plastic cocky twats more than any team in the world. It would bring a massive smile to my face if we won by the dodgiest decision known to man to make up for the years of being cheated by these bastards.

But we won't need such a decision as we are far better than them and considerably richer too.
And better looking 😁

This is my prediction especially with AVFC retweeting Barkley, Traore will take a rest on the bench, If Mings comes in it'll be incredibly harsh on Hause but then again, he could be very influential in the Villa camp and might be a little embarrassing being kept out, Vice Captain, England International losing to a fringe 3m signing who cost 8 times less, but would definitely be the right call.

--------------------------------Watkins-----------------------------

----Grealish--------------------Barkley--------------------El Ghazi

---------------------McGinn----------------Luiz--------------------

Targett-------------Hause-----------------Konsa-----------Cash--

--------------------------------Martinez----------------------------

I hope that’s the team as that would be the one I pick. Traore off the bench is a better option for this game all things considered.

Didn't Traore get subbed vs Palace after Mings got the red? If he's so knackered then his fitness is shyte, maybe he should make way for Elmo who can link up really well with Cash and put it on a sixpence for Ollie.

Man U's home record is terrible - W2 D2 L3 F9 A12, 6 of their 9 goals came against Leeds. If we don't beat them at OT this Friday then we never will - their season home and away is very like our own.

Really looking forward to this game - should be a cracker and should there be a flurry of early goals it will get wide open which is good for us.