Aston Villa away to Man Utd New Years Day | Page 2 | Vital Football

Aston Villa away to Man Utd New Years Day

Way too many United fans growing up, my uncle and cousins were all United fans - hardly went to a game, I think they went once to OT that I can recall. Great to see them in no mans land these days, they really have gone quiet - except every glory hunting Liverpool fan has come out of the woodwork.

Would love to beat them again this season, as we did so in pre season if my memory isn’t playing tricks on me.

Yep. I can't stand em either. Hopefully we get a strong ref on Friday cos they always get dodgy decisions go their way against us. And the talk of Jack going to Utd is hilarious. If he wants to play in the Europa League he might as well just stay where he is

They are second only to the Tesco Bags in terms of must win. I’ve never really been that bothered about them but the club, fans, pundits, media annoyed the fcuk out of me with the ....all they have to do is snap their fingers and Jack will come running to them.

Do to Pogba what we failed to do to Zaha and wind him up and Mcginn to smash into Bruno early doors. Sorted.

Just looked and we have won once in 41 tries against them since a win in 1999!!

Unbelievably crap record. The one win was a Gabby goal in 2009.

Just looked and we have won once in 41 tries against them since a win in 1999!!

Unbelievably crap record. The one win was a Gabby goal in 2009.

It's a good job this is our best start in 22 years then and that was before the Chelsea game.

I'd say we're due a win.

Might be a bit early , but I am bang up for this one.

I would love it , LOVE IT if we turned them over.

giphy.gif

I am biting at the bit for this game. Ole is another one out of his depth. The team, to me, look piss poor and there for the taking.
Im hoping and expecting 3 points from this bad boy. I think as we are playing at min, especially if we get ross back, we are Ying to their Yang. We got this one!!!!

The one team I want to beat the most is United.. I cant stand them.... most of my mates are United fans, my father in law is United fan.... who tells me how crap villa have been.... I hate that. I hated fergie time, I hate their cockiness, I hated macheda scoring against us in his debut, I hated how Vidic wasn't sent off in the cup final, I hated how we lost Yorke, Bosnich and Young to them, I hated how their fans bemoaned the team being sh!t yet still finished in the top 5, I hated how Scholes scored worldies against us, I hated van Gaal over acting, i hated ollie at the wheel, I hated how we lost out on the title to them, I hated their Jersey excuses, I hate how they've gotten something like 22 penalties in the last season, I hated Fernandez standing on Konsa ankle but got a penalty for it, I hated Jose managing them cos they were perfect for each other, I hated the fact they've got about 4 players in the premier most expensive list but "just need to invest in the team more" I hate how their keeper resembles a llama, how Gary Neville has a permanent line in his forehead from frowning so much, I hate how super Jack is always linked to them at every window.... so to sum up, I don't like them, I want villa to win, I want them to win big and I will love listening to their excuses.
Only changes I'd make to the team, is to freshen it up if required. There were a few very tired bodies at the end of the game yesterday. Barkley will surely start, not so sure about Mings. Don't know who makes way but it will probably be Anwar or Bert. Would like to see more of Ramsey as well - needs to start somewhere.

Rest and recuperation required, feed them a diet of raw meet and show them Chieftoasts post continuously, then "give it the full bollox" as someone famous once said.

I don't think Yanited are as average as some are suggesting. Am expecting Cash to be overrun again down the left wing. A draw would be a great result.

United are most definitely not to be under estimated. They’re obviously very dangerous going forward, and for me it’s no change to the 4-2-3-1 formation, except for the fact our two wide men will have to put a shift in both defensively but also when we are pressing high, as they have mistakes at the back too.

Big game for SJM and Luiz in the middle of the park, to boss that midfield again.

It’s going to be an exciting and competitive game, no expectation from me so a point will be welcome.