Aston Villa are 'difficult' to manage because of the fans - Paul Lambert | Vital Football

Aston Villa are 'difficult' to manage because of the fans - Paul Lambert

BodyButter

Vital Football Legend
Steve Bruce was given the boot by Aston Villa chiefs last week with Dean Smith announced as the man to replace him.

Bruce guided Villa to the Championship play-offs last season - only to miss out on promotion after losing to Fulham.

Lambert himself has managed Villa in the Premier League and he knows just how tough it will be for the new man at the helm.

"It's difficult because of the expectation level really," he told Sky Sports.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...ge-Paul-Lambert-fans-difficult-Villa-Park/amp

Disgraceful comments, and completely incorrect.

We just didn’t want to get relegated you moron.

And maybe Jordan Bowery instead of Darren Bent wasn’t a good idea either you idiot.

Some ex Villa managers do like a good excuse, don't they?

Lambert has managed at several clubs since he left Villa Park and done nothing of note at any of them all so enough said really.

The most vile manager we've ever had has blamed fans for making Aston Villa difficult to manage. I could go on and on about Lambert, never wanted him - for good reason - and was delighted when he was gone. Horrible character.

The most vile manager we've ever had has blamed fans for making Aston Villa difficult to manage. I could go on and on about Lambert, never wanted him - for good reason - and was delighted when he was gone. Horrible character.

I am sure I saw you singing Paul Lambert's claret and blue army at Norwich :ninja::ninja:

And the characters he surrounded himself with like Culverhouse etc and decided to turn a blind eye to all their misdoings tell you all you need to know about this chancer.

All fans are difficult when the managers are so bad. The most embarrassing thing was when he brought in Mr Angry, Roy Keane and grew exactly the same goatee beard as Keane.

They were both like ranting idiots to the linesmen/4th official, spitting with venom.

I really did dislike the guy and the more I heard from within the club, the more I disliked him.

I am sure I saw you singing Paul Lambert's claret and blue army at Norwich :ninja::ninja:
Was at that game. Fans were so desperate to get rid of the Bluenose that they would have chanted for Hitler had he been their manager. Remember saying “pity we’re not playing Chelsea!”.

And the characters he surrounded himself with like Culverhouse etc and decided to turn a blind eye to all their misdoings tell you all you need to know about this chancer.

Yeah, didn't stand by them when the bullying stuff broke either did he?!

Nevertheless, the majority on here wanted him in including me and we as fans do have huge expectations, rightly in my opinion.
Dean needs performances from his players and above all the fans need to see a massive effort and workrate put in. It may take a while for a new system and player's self belief to settle in. But I can already sense the huge expectation this coming weekend. Lambert hadn't got the qualities to cope, I just hope Dean has. He will have to be his own man and very, very strong. Whilst Terry should be useful to him, if things don't go well people will call for him to take over.

The absolute shite he'd come out with after games always pissed me off as well. How many dismal defeats at home did we witness followed by him claiming the "we were brilliant". Ultra defensive hoof ball on the pitch then he'd be bleating in the press about watching Dortmund train and wanting to copy them. Then there's his one man destruction of Andi Weimann, turning him from a clever centre forward to a run around midfielder. If I compiled a most disliked villa 11 he'd be the manager no doubt

I would have loved Lambert at the Villa, as a player but was against him as manager for the very reason that he had been a top player and hadn't really done anything of note as a manager.

Didn't want him, thought there were much better around, but Randy had a different agenda. However he was an improvement, at first, over McLeish, and the fans definitely wanted him.

Thought overall he did OK in his first year (although puzzled by his treatment of Bent); he had a young squad which by the end had started to click. Maybe the cracks were there but he papered over them. Then it all started to go wrong. Instead on building on that squad, players like Lowton were benched or worse. And so on.

Most clubs have expectations. You need an owner with the same ambitions and the will to force through progress. People say managers are sacked too quickly; they certainly need time, but also they need to show progress is being made, and if it isn't there they should go.