Assistant. | Vital Football

Assistant.

Port Vale have confirmed that first-team coach Gary Brabin has departed to take up a new role with Blackpool.
Brabin was brought in by manager Neil Aspin as part of his backroom staff.
A club statement said:
Port Vale Football Club can confirm that Gary Brabin has left his role as First Team Coach to join Blackpool as Assistant Manager.
Having joined Vale in October 2017 when Neil Aspin was appointed as Manager, Brabin has spent just short of a year at Vale Park and Aspin wishes him the best of luck.
“It’s always a disappointing to lose not only a valuable memeber of staff but also a colleague who’s a personal friend.
“I’d like to thank Brabs for the work he’s done at Vale but we all realise it’s a great opportunity for him to move up a league and to return to one of his former clubs.
“We all wish him well not only in his career, but his life in general.”
He will now link up with Blackpool boss Terry McPhillips at Bloomfield Road. Everyone at Port Vale would like to thank Brabin for his services to the club and wish him all the best for the future.

Brilliant, the man is a legend like Briggsy.

Slapped the Brentford captain in the tunnel and knocked him out.

Gary Brabin says he’s excited to be working alongside his friend Terry McPhillips at a club where he had some great memories as a player.
The 47-year-old returned to Bloomfield Road from Port Vale on Monday after accepting the role of assistant manager and can’t wait to play his part on the training ground.
“I’m looking forward to it. I’ve got some great memories from when I was here and obviously I’ve followed the club over the years,” said Brabin, who played for Blackpool between 1996 and 1999.
“Terry is a good friend of mine and to have an opportunity to come back to the club and work with a great friend like Terry is a great opportunity.
“It’s exciting for us now to both be in this position and working together to put the team right on a Saturday.
“We share the same beliefs and philosophies, if you like, in football because over a number of years we’ve gone to games together and spoke football. We know what we want and what we like, and we’ve got every confidence that we’ll work well together.”
It hasn’t taken Pool’s former midfielder long to acclimatise to the surroundings again, as he was quickly thrust into some coaching.
“I was just going to come in and have a little look at the players and get to see their personalities, but Terry decided to throw me straight in at the deep end,” he revealed. “I was straight in training with the lads and they seem a really talented bunch. There’s a really good atmosphere amongst the group of lads and a good team spirit is important.”