Askey/Macclesfield | Vital Football

Askey/Macclesfield

stokeimp

Vital 1st Team Regular
I see that John Askey has left Macc to take over at Shrewsbury, stating, "The job at Macclesfield was done, I'd got them back into the League, and when this opportunity came up I couldn't turn it down,"

To me that suggests that Macc will not be a force in League 2 next season, and may well be one of the strugglers?

I see that John Askey has left Macc to take over at Shrewsbury, stating, "The job at Macclesfield was done, I'd got them back into the League, and when this opportunity came up I couldn't turn it down,"

To me that suggests that Macc will not be a force in League 2 next season, and may well be one of the strugglers?
To me that suggests money talks and he doesn't relish the challenge faced at Macc, his replacement might do an excellent job

A bit odd because Shewsbury in League One are in a similar position to Macc in League 2 (ie. Punching well above their weight and with a smallish budget for the league. Arguably the Shrews support will expect more than at Macc after Hurst's overachievement there. Can't blame him for taking a bigger job but Macc this year would be a free hit. Albeit probably on the smallest budget in the League alongside Morecambe.