Asignment | Vital Football

Asignment

villan49

Vital Squad Member
Hi guys how's it going long time no speak, been a while since I have been on here. I have an asignment that I need to complete at college about whether or not season tickets are over priced, I need to research both sides of the arguement and what better way to do that than on here? so can you guys please put your views forward that would be awesome :17: cheers

It depends on what the objective of the season ticket is. Price them too low and people will not feel committed enough to go when there's a spot of bad weather but it's important to remember that we all see TV money more or less nullifying gate receipts and many then resent the fact that we are still being asked to pay a sizable amount. In Germany they seem to have things about right, priced high enough for people to appreciate the value of having a season ticket but low enough for anyone who is interested to be able to raise the funds.

Forgot about this.

Do you mean Villa season tickets, season tickets in general etc etc?

Need a bit more info as to what you want.

Not sure how to quantify value/overpriced either, especially if it is re: Villa!

blackwood_villa - 17/10/2013 17:10

Based on the fact you think its spelt "asignment" I wouldn't get your hopes up about passing

big deal I missed a s I was in a rush, you nazi

The Fear - 17/10/2013 17:29

Forgot about this.

Do you mean Villa season tickets, season tickets in general etc etc?

Need a bit more info as to what you want.

Not sure how to quantify value/overpriced either, especially if it is re: Villa!

and in general in the EPL I have pretty much done most if not all the assignment, but any more input would be nice :)

I'm not sure what value is for football, I buy a season ticket because I like where I sit and want to guarantee the use of it. I also like the 'community' around me who I've known for years and are also season ticket holders. That is dwindling these days though a good few haven't renewed.

The reason? Finances and the fact only 3-4 teams can actually win in this league now.

Is football in general good value? No, it is poor value, we should at least be compensated financially when games are changed for TV as they get more money for them, but we don't get any discount.

The Prem especially should look at the German model where ticket prices are, if I understand correctly, half the price. The gate receipts aren't as important as they used to be revenue wise, it is the big tv money deals that matter the most, but we still play daft money and then generally get treated like cattle, or at least like a major inconvenience.

The ticket prices should come down by 50% as should the players wages.

Neither will ever happen.

Hope that helps mate, don't be a stranger around these parts!!!

I think season tickets are reasonably priced based on watching other types of key entertainment. I was looking to purchase tickets to watch a show tonight at the theatre, each ticket costing me £15. For this I get to watch a performance that lasts around 70 - 90 mins (very similar to watching a live football match).

Going on from GT's point , although probably a different argument, football fans are treated like animals. We are paying for top class entertainment, similar to the West End / Broadway etc...

It is about time we were treated with the same respect, for instance, (and I wouldn't but others would) if you would like to have alcohol in your seat, you should be allowed to.

We actually said last match as a kind of a joke, but there is truth in it. Have you ever been talking on the concourse at Half-Time and missed the start of the second half as you didn't realise the teams had come back out (we did it v Man City) - at the theatre you get a "5 minute call" telling you to retake your seats.

Things like that, we pay premium prices, and are treated like 3rd class lowlife.

Well I am a big fan of the German model where the supporters are treated well and prices are very affordable for most , so I echo what has been said already.

sirdennis - 18/10/2013 04:34

Well I am a big fan of the German model where the supporters are treated well and prices are very affordable for most , so I echo what has been said already.

I guess the difference is that German clubs are part owned by the fans.

Last place you pay good money to lose your human rights I think.

The treatment at some grounds is abysmal.

Compare the price of a ticket to how many films you could go and watch at the cinema. In years gone by football was the cheaper option. We are going back before I was born though!!

I suppose the only problem is, if you spend onwards to 100 quid to go watch a live rock concert, you know that you are going to see a good show. Whereas the Premiership ticket is cheaper and the same length of time in regards the entertainment, there is no guarantee that the show will be as good. If we play Liverpool and an enthralling match where we play well and win 4-2 then it could be 90mins of sheer entertainment well worthy of the price paid. However on a rainy cold day where its drab performance v Hull it could be seen as poor value of entertainment.

This is where the shout for a key player to be signed by the club comes a worthy request from the fans - as a key player brings in a better chance of an enthralling match.

And evidence of such could be seen in Arsenal fans getting very vexed pre Ozil and calming down a little after the signing of Ozil.

Class of 82 - 18/10/2013 09:21

gator - 17/10/2013 20:33

Maggie's legacy.

Dickhead hooligan's legacy, more like.
If I could argue with you over your point I would but basically your correct.But Maggie didn't just hurt the hooligans she took it out on football fans alike.Would also love to know what part she took in the Hillsborough cover up.

My dad's mates brother (serious) lives in Germany and his closest team is Monchengladbach. He gets a season ticket for about £180 and this includes free train/bus travel to and from the ground.