Ashworth | Vital Football

Ashworth

McCreery

Vital 1st Team Regular
Now done subject to PL approval

Courtesy of the the official site......

“Newcastle United are delighted to announce that Dan Ashworth will become the club’s sporting director after an agreement was reached with Brighton & Hove Albion to release him from his current contractual obligations with immediate effect.

The terms of this agreement will remain confidential between the clubs and are subject to Premier League approval.

Newcastle United will issue further information following the relevant approval process.”

Now done subject to PL approval

Courtesy of the the official site......

“Newcastle United are delighted to announce that Dan Ashworth will become the club’s sporting director after an agreement was reached with Brighton & Hove Albion to release him from his current contractual obligations with immediate effect.

The terms of this agreement will remain confidential between the clubs and are subject to Premier League approval.

Newcastle United will issue further information following the relevant approval process.”
Cracking appointment, let's get the players in now

A technical director isn't necessarily about leading the way on transfers. (although it can fall under their remit). It's about instilling a playing philosophy right through a club. Ashworth himself went into detail in a piece on this: "I stand in the middle of a wheel and my job is to bring together seven departments, connecting those spokes.”

“If you keep changing the head coach every fourteen months or so – which is about the average lifespan of a manger unfortunately – going from one philosophy to the next, you’ve got no chance of joining up your loans, your academy and your recruitment. You end up having to change 16 or 17 players to change your principals.” Ashworth said.

Whilst at Brighton he also said the following “The principle for a technical director, in my opinion, is to look after the medium to long term interests of the football club. It’s not about short-term ‘get a result tomorrow’, it’s to try and make sure our club is set up in a way that other departments supplement and help Hope [Powell] and Graham [Potter].”

A technical director isn't necessarily about leading the way on transfers. (although it can fall under their remit). It's about instilling a playing philosophy right through a club. Ashworth himself went into detail in a piece on this: "I stand in the middle of a wheel and my job is to bring together seven departments, connecting those spokes.”

“If you keep changing the head coach every fourteen months or so – which is about the average lifespan of a manger unfortunately – going from one philosophy to the next, you’ve got no chance of joining up your loans, your academy and your recruitment. You end up having to change 16 or 17 players to change your principals.” Ashworth said.

Whilst at Brighton he also said the following “The principle for a technical director, in my opinion, is to look after the medium to long term interests of the football club. It’s not about short-term ‘get a result tomorrow’, it’s to try and make sure our club is set up in a way that other departments supplement and help Hope [Powell] and Graham [Potter].”
Spot on Keggy, now all the media have to do is get the same message across to those fans who believe the hype and then some.