Ashleys business plan? | Vital Football

Ashleys business plan?

crooktownmags

Vital Squad Member
There was a kid phoned in to Radio Newcastle the other night and he said "we aren't a football club...we're a shop". I reckon he had a point. Imagine a shop where you can buy stuff that you expect to be able to sell for more (pretty typical retail outlet to be fair), the stock runs about on a Saturday demonstrating it's skills and keeping you in an elite club which pays all the bills and a bit more. No overheads then, no risk, and 50 thousand daft ***** pay to come in and watch proceedings. Its like charging a tenner to come in and have a look around Fenwicks.

I have to admit I was taken in a bit when we had a good run earlier in the season, at my age I should know better but for once we seemed to have some young lads coming through. Yeah that would be the new stock then.

Its not just us by the way, premiership football is fucked.

50,000 customers buying the merchandise in the shop. They clearly like the products on offer otherwise they wouldn't shop there.

You wouldn't continually go to a restaurant that served up shite food and awful service so why go to the Sportd Direct Arena?

No doubt the usual 'it's my right to go and support the team' etc bullshit.

He must've done his research on these muppets.

Knew they'd bend over and take whatever is given to them. They'll do it all with a smile on their face whilst defending him too.

50,000 apologists. Oh don't worry, we could've done a Leeds, we'll spend in the next window blah blah blah

Can you believe people still think he would sell up ? I am starting to think even relegation wouldn't make any difference. They would just put cheaper players on display. Another branch of Sports Direct Footballers in a down market part of town.

St James is 95 per cent full every week so Ashley's "shop" sells 95 per cent of its stock every time it opens no matter how poor the merchandise is why would he sell.

What I don't get is, is he seriously making decent money out of NUFC?

As I'm sure over the past few years he's earned a couple of billion, surely what he gets from NUFC is pocket change?

Or is the free advertising the main reason he is here? Even then I'm not sure how much that is worth to him.

For the hassle he gets I can't work out why a few million here and there is worth his while.

I think as long as people go then he will stay here.

The moment people show some bollocks and boycott he will see the game is up, and he'll be away.

50,000 people are killing this club.

Every last person inside that ground needs to take a long hard look at themselves.

I suppose people don't like being told what to do, unless it's a fat cockney bastard telling them to turn up and make him richer, while systematically destroying our club.

It's enough to make you weep, but there's little we can do about it.

Ashley has won, and the likes of Hugo, Eaststand , etc celebrate that fact.

They do so because they are unable to win the argument themselves, so they want Ashley to do it for them.

Cowards, but they know this, it's not news to them.

I think you are right, I reckon an empty stadium would work because its bad publicity for the brand, for what its worth I think 50K people booing or slow handclapping for 90 mins might work even better. As for is he making serious money he has made come decent lumps of cash, £35m on Carroll, £15m on Cabaye etc etc. Its money for nowt man because like I said all the business overheads, wages and all that must be well covered by sky money and other income. Money for old rope.

Mind the stock I was referring to was more the players, as far as I know Ashley has made a profit in transfers since he took over. Gate receipts and all that the icing on the cake. Sky money the banker that covers all the overheads. Piece of piss.

I see the fat **** has withdrawn his application to use Ibrox and Murray Park as security. The Jocks have got the slimy fat slug on the run already.

Aye he won't get away with a third of what he has done to us with Rangers heres hoping he tries and gets fucked over big style the horrible fat ****

Recently Ive had a feeling that it's endgame at NUFC for Ashley.

We've speculated as to his plans for years and although we get the main moral in that he's stripped us of ambition and abused us, we haven't got much right as to which order it will be in.

His strange behaviour recently is baffling the financial experts and the latest financial figures over NUFC prove that we're reliant on the TV bubble. If that were to burst then he'd be left with a worthless shell.

He doesn't even own Shite Direct fully. He only has a controlling 56% or so and even then, he's shifted most of that into another company for a similarly baffling reason. So any cash made secretly from us, doesn't profit him as much as we think.

That said, we don't know how much the SD advertising is profiting him by and even if it's passed it's peak of worth in comparison to selling the space elsewhere. Maybe the dwindling viewing figures of watching NUFC has hit his company, maybe not but it's not lost on me that we're not near the first choices of picks for TV anymore.

MickMartin - 23/1/2015 19:19

Aye he won't get away with a third of what he has done to us with Rangers heres hoping he tries and gets fucked over big style the horrible fat ****

I think this is a flawed issue though, I really do.

I think we've all made the comparison but as I said yesterday, if Ashley bought Rangers instead of us back in 2007 and had the list of misdemeanours there that he has here before then wanting a piece of us, there'd be proper uproar.

Instead we thought we were getting an English Abramovich and gave a chance. Rangers would be thinking similar thoughts instead of being armed with our knowledge.

I still think it's Ashley 's badge of honour to be the first bloke to make serious money out of a football club so that he can look good in front of his city mates.

chopey - 23/1/2015 19:44

I still think it's Ashley 's badge of honour to be the first bloke to make serious money out of a football club so that he can look good in front of his city mates.

Totally agree.
He doesn't want to lose face. Another notch on his career highlights.

Fattys plan in place for when we are in League 2 and he has flogged SD .

The previous sports detest sign was torn down yesterday and replaced with a scrolling digital screen displaying the constantly changing adverts.

Since the sign was erected it has changed the name of the stadium to that of 12 local minicab firms, a kebab house and a firm that makes scrolling digital advertisement signs.

Club owner Mike Ashley said: "I have huge respect for the fans of this club and I know this will not change the atmosphere here at the – hang on, let's see – Gateshead Nissan Repair Garage Stadium."

He added: "The Jesmond Hair and Nail Salon Stadium remains one of the finest in the country and this new revenue will allow us to upgrade the Singh's Newsagent, Tobacconist and Fancy Gifts stand."

But angry fan Charlie Reeves said: "I'm going to have to buy 30 seconds on the scrolling digital sign just so I can rename it the I am Disgusted With This Scrolling Digital Sign Stadium.

"That said, I have also paid for 10 minutes of The Citroen Saxo, 86000 miles, nice little runner, £1200 ono Stadium."

Ashley said he hopes to have a permanent sponsor in place by next summer, adding: "A group of Sunderland businessmen has tabled a £30m offer, which means we can all look forward to many happy years at Alan Shearer is a Colossal Tit Park."

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/tv-shows/sunday-supplement/9660624/newcastle-have-lost-their-soul?