Ashley Statement | Vital Football

Ashley Statement

Toon_NoMatterWot

Alert Team
from the official website. link here.

Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley has thanked Rafa Benítez, the players and the club’s supporters following the club’s tenth-place finish in the Premier League.

The Magpies secured a place in the top half with a 3-0 victory over Chelsea at St. James’ Park on Sunday.
The owner said: "I would like to thank Rafa Benitez for his magnificent achievement this season.
"I would also like to applaud the players, led fantastically by the captain Jamaal Lascelles.
"On many occasions throughout the season they have been described as a Championship side, which I personally consider to be derogatory.
"Rafa, as always, has my full support, and contrary to some media reports that portray me as a pantomime villain, I will continue to ensure that every penny generated by the club is available to him.
"I hope very much that Rafa will remain at Newcastle United.
"Finally, I would like to thank the fans for their unrivalled support of Rafa and the team throughout the season."

Wow. Yeah! Thinking the same thing OM - all that cash from Sky/BT; advertising revenue; shirt sales - all on top of gate receipts? Newcastle can expect to be challenging City et al on that statement. They'll be rolling in it.

Yeah. Right. "Pantomime villain"? Nah - just a grade "A" twat. Fuck off Ashley.

I couldn't imagine Charnley sanctioning a payment of 75k every time a player starts and that's on top of a nigh on 400k a week salary like what Sanchez gets or signing a defender and giving him £6m direct plus a £5m loyalty bonus and another £4m if he completes 150 games. This is, of course on top of just £125k a week salary that is paid to Van Dijk by Liverpool. That's the bottom line by the look of it.

What Ashley does not mention are his own constraints, including wage policy, player profile (including age), cash flow, terms of purchase, agents's fees and more besides.The devil is in the detail and we have seen from parliamentary select committees how slippery Ashley can be. Let's hope that Ashley provides Rafa with what he needs in a timely fashion.

This is why Newcastle have to maximise every single penny they earn - and not just in the UK. Those teams you mention Mc have a world-wide presence and stature. They play in lucrative pre-season tournaments in Asia and the like to promote themselves.

Newcastle can't maximise their revenue streams as they are siphoned off at source and have no interest in exploring other revenue abroad. Newcastle's idea of pre-season is normally a kickabout with a German 3rd division team who no one has heard of in the mountains in Austria without even confirming the date or venue.

What Ashley does not mention are his own constraints, including wage policy, player profile (including age), cash flow, terms of purchase, agents's fees and more besides.The devil is in the detail and we have seen from parliamentary select committees how slippery Ashley can be. Let's hope that Ashley provides Rafa with what he needs in a timely fashion.

Saw the same comment on the chronic..yours?

After reading this is anyone confident that there will be progress next season under Ashley and Benitez ?

In my view it's a clear and carefully constructed piss take.

"On many occasions throughout the season they have been described as a Championship side, which I personally consider to be derogatory.

"Rafa, as always, has my full support, and contrary to some media reports that portray me as a pantomime villain, I will continue to ensure that every penny generated by the club is available to him. "

Is dripping with sarcasm and the second part requires a negative response from the manager as it is obviously not true,if Benitez chooses to remain silent he will be endorsing lies the same way Pardew used to.

This is the only part of the statement I actually believed.

"Finally, I would like to thank the fans for their unrivalled support of Rafa "

After reading this is anyone confident that there will be progress next season under Ashley and Benitez ?
I wouldn't say confident about Ashley but there is a 50/50 chance.

I remember getting some stick over McLaren's potential budget but was within 10% of the net spend. I go back to paraphrasing another statement, if Ashley wants £400m for NUFC he has to make NUFC a £400m business. Rafa and a bit of investment (albeit out of what the club generates) increases the value of Ashley's asset.