Ashley going nowhere! | Vital Football

Ashley going nowhere!

ukrocks0007

Vital 1st Team Regular
http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/mike-ashley-tells-newcastle-united-11073141

Apparently!!!

Wait until you see the poll at the bottom or read some of the comments.

According to the preferred media partner, Ashley regrets buying us. A strange thing to say considering we're so profitable to advertising his company.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/mike-ashley-admits-regrets-buying-7603869

Something tells me that we're in for a Summer of rumour regardless of which division we're in. All centred around Ashley and his supposed reluctance to wanting us any more.

Im guessing the fall out in the coming days will be back pages filled by the likes of Freddie Shepherd wanting to buy us back because it's pretty clear that these 'interviews' are staged with smoking out a buyer probably it's likely aim. Ashley must be worried.

We know which division we'll be in. It will just be which game sends us down. Vile away is my bet. The club is going to implode in the close season when Rafa fucks off.

All 'interesting' stuff. Personally I see no chance that they're staying up, if RB pulled that Rabbit out the hat he deserves a freaking medal. Come relegation, will he stay, will he go?? Can't see him hanging around, why would he, there will be plenty of job offers but maybe not in the UK, which I believe he prefers.
I've seen parachute payments of £37mil mentioned, gotta be honest I thought it was a shed load more than that.
What will MA do? He reckons he's taken a back seat & the bank account is empty...........har,har,har. He put the dim-wits (I'm rounding up) on the board & in charge, THEY single-handedly have failed on an epic scale. How the be-jesus are any of the board still in a job?? He ain't going to let NUFC sink, he can't afford to, he won't be able to sell it with us in the championship. He's quite right.............we're stuck with him.
Ruthless money making machine businessman, if that's the case how has he got this SO wrong.

The empty bank account quote has been taken out of context and is contradictory anyway.

Basically it just refers to the amount available for the season with next season's kitty being what we can sell to reinvest. The contradictory bit about the kitty being empty is that we supposedly bid for Berahino although we all know the policy of bid lower than the asking price to say that we at least tried will have applied here.

With all that in hand though, Ashley just doesn't speak. EVER. We know that and have wanted him to talk for years. This was no random interview that caught him off guard with questions out of the blue.

Last years embarrassing mumble that he did before West Ham was a bloke scared of losing his club, this years is because he's in fear of his tat company going down the swanee. It's damage limitation for him and he's smoking out interest in us.

Having already said he would remain the owner of Newcastle for the foreseeable 'whatever happened' to the club this season (although he's confident Rafa will keep us in the Premier League) because he's 'wedded' to the club so made it perfectly clear he'll not sell the club in the near future, even if we do get relegated.

Would it be that he wouldn't or couldn't sell the club?

Perhaps wouldn't sell as it's still 'a profitable business venture' to him or couldn't sell, as people wouldn't buy the club - you tend to think this would be the former as opposed to the latter wouldn't you....

In quotes attributed to him in the Mirror today, carried by Sky Sports, Ashley's hardly done much to endear himself to the fans (who, in the main hate, albeit a strong word, him anyway) has he!

He claimed there's 'virtually nothing left' in the vault at St James' Park to be spent owing to £80m (or thereabouts) being spent, in some cases wasted, by Steve McClaren as Newcastle attempted to have 'a proper go' this season. Ashley also said he has 'virtually nil affect' at the club and when the money does run out people shouldn't 'come crying' to him for more.

Read more: http://www.newcastle.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=440165#ixzz43dRPIsMD

Thats why relegation is in the fans best interests if they really wanted rid of him. as long as the club is in this division he wont sell up, but relegation and not coming straight back up could see him selling up. The longer the stay in the championship the better chance of him selling the club because the value drops every year in the lower divisions.

Toon_NoMatterWot - 22/3/2016 09:54

The empty bank account quote has been taken out of context and is contradictory anyway.

Basically it just refers to the amount available for the season with next season's kitty being what we can sell to reinvest. The contradictory bit about the kitty being empty is that we supposedly bid for Berahino although we all know the policy of bid lower than the asking price to say that we at least tried will have applied here.

With all that in hand though, Ashley just doesn't speak. EVER. We know that and have wanted him to talk for years. This was no random interview that caught him off guard with questions out of the blue.

Last years embarrassing mumble that he did before West Ham was a bloke scared of losing his club, this years is because he's in fear of his tat company going down the swanee. It's damage limitation for him and he's smoking out interest in us.

Can we stop with statements that have no basis in fact like "he's smoking out interest in the U.S." . This is based on what information exactly ? What is the interest and who is interested ? If you look at the vast majority of football takeovers they are done behind the scenes either very quickly or very slowly but nearly always with a degree of secrecy. If Ashley wants to to sell the club (and I repeat THERE IS NO EVIDENCE THAT THIS HAS EVER BEEN THE CASE) he will simply let it be known through contacts in the business world or float his shares . Doing a SkyNews interview isn't a step on that road . It's purely a p.r. exercise.