Asda's fancy dress scandal | Vital Football

Asda's fancy dress scandal

If they had named it 'crazy looking dude' it wouldn't have caused the same stir. The marketing person who came up this, needs carpeting. It is has POL says in very bad taste.

There is alot of average thinking people out their that don't get mental health issues so I can understand the rumpus. I personally don't like it and think it's in bad taste. I am glad they have taken it off the shelves as I don't think it does removing stigma much good.

Unfortunately there are people out there that would think someone with mental health issues was just like that, which is the where problem with this is.

It doesn't bother me, I was talking about it lastnight to a cohort of mine. We both considered buying one

SKEGGY - 26/9/2013 22:01

It doesn't bother me, I was talking about it lastnight to a cohort of mine. We both considered buying one

Guess you will have to go for the usual wizard or warlock type outfit now cos unless you got 1 you won't get 1. I suppose you could make your own :10:

It's a stereotype...it's not named Mike Field Mental Patient, that would offensive (but true).

Christ isn't there better things to whinge about in this country than a bloody costume.

Not like they were peddling bra's for 3 year olds again, or bankers or MP's outfits.

It's in bad taste suggesting mental health issues = murderers but I wouldn't say it's offensive and asda withdrew it almost straight swag so it's not the scandal they are trying to make it out to be.

psycho ward title would have been better, but ffs, people do get a in tizzy about everything these days. Come on, no one thinks that all mental illness = a killer etc.

The Fear - 27/9/2013 09:57

psycho ward title would have been better, but ffs, people do get a in tizzy about everything these days. Come on, no one thinks that all mental illness = a killer etc.

You would be surprised JF. There are people who would and probably do even without this.

I knew a couple some years a go who was really disparaging of people with mental health problems and thought they should be all locked up. This was a couple with their own business so they weren't a stereo type.

It came back to bite them hard when both there sons turned to drugs and ended up in the local psych ward.

No they weren't friends. Happened to know them from a local club

well they were retards then.

Oh, hang on, I probably can't say that either!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Working with people with mental health issues on a daily basis I did find this stupidly ignorant and disparaging. The common, layman's idea is that anyone with a psychosis is a danger to society. Mostly a danger to themselves and in incredible distress.