AS Roma vs.Tottenham Hotspur | Page 4 | Vital Football

AS Roma vs.Tottenham Hotspur

The best news about Moura beyond everything else is that key players will now know they've got genuine competition emerging for a starting place - the key questions will be what position does he start in, when he starts?

Who's under threat?
I thought the best thing from the first half was the pace we showed up front with Moura, Lamela, Amos, KWP and even, dare I say it, Sissoko. It was such a change from the plodding we normally see from Dier, Alli and Kane. Obviously Kane is safe, at least for a while. Alli in my opinion should be played deeper in CM because he doesn’t have the pace to play as a an AM but he does have vision and can make great late runs.....a pairing of him and Amos would give us pace and vision but obviously isn’t going to happen....it’s just too attacking for Poch and I doubt we will see Amos again after the tour.

I thought the best thing from the first half was the pace we showed up front with Moura, Lamela, Amos, KWP and even, dare I say it, Sissoko. It was such a change from the plodding we normally see from Dier, Alli and Kane. Obviously Kane is safe, at least for a while. Alli in my opinion should be played deeper in CM because he doesn’t have the pace to play as a an AM but he does have vision and can make great late runs.....a pairing of him and Amos would give us pace and vision but obviously isn’t going to happen....it’s just too attacking for Poch and I doubt we will see Amos again after the tour.

I suspect, it will be another, but higher quality loan for Amos - but he still has other games to stake a claim - let's see how he does.

We smashed Roma as well lol

It's always worth remembering that our preseason starts ealier just as our season does and moreoften than not - the European teams just aren't truly at the races...

so we're all wise to read absolutey SFA into our results...!!

We battered Juve last summer as well. Hopefully some clubs are dumb enough to take pre season seriously then they might buy players like Llorente and Sissoko from us.

I did laugh at Sissoko with his long distance shot. It cleared the stadium.:ROFLMAO:

I agree with all the comments regarding friendlies, however Moura desire and determination shows his intent. He wants to play football and is determined to make the most of his opportunity.

I think Lucas has always showed desire for us. Good player. He just needs game time in the Premiership. Then we can really judge him.

Is anyone taking anything from the result ? All we can do is observe the fitness of regulars and potential of youngsters....and that we have done to an extent. Foyth and Wanyama have broken down , CCV jury is out, Georgiou and KWP look to have bulked up a bit which they needed to, Lamela has a right foot all of a sudden.Llorente and Sissoko may still play their part as squad players.

We don't care about the results, it's what we can glean from the players on the pitch. I think it's harsh to say we can learn JS from the friendlies.

Finally watched the entire game today. Not sure I agree with the negative comments about CCV. Thought he stood strong with a makeshift partner, Davies, alongside him.

I enjoyed the high intensity of our game and good to see guys like Llorente and Moura get the plaudits. I also enjoyed Amos's performance and Aurier looking really steady.

Little annoying things were the distribution by Vorm and the overplaying with the full-backs. We also seemed to lose our rhythm yet again once Eriksen was withdrawn. That is still a long term concern of mine.

Getting a little concerned about Wanyama, Foyth and Winks though. Looks like they will miss pre-season and we know what can happen.

Finally watched the entire game today. Not sure I agree with the negative comments about CCV. Thought he stood strong with a makeshift partner, Davies, alongside him.

I enjoyed the high intensity of our game and good to see guys like Llorente and Moura get the plaudits. I also enjoyed Amos's performance and Aurier looking really steady.

Little annoying things were the distribution by Vorm and the overplaying with the full-backs. We also seemed to lose our rhythm yet again once Eriksen was withdrawn. That is still a long term concern of mine.

Getting a little concerned about Wanyama, Foyth and Winks though. Looks like they will miss pre-season and we know what can happen.

Can't agree with you on CCV, but maybe if I watch it again, I'd change my tune - but a good summary by you.

What I have seen of CCV is he is good in the air and seems to read the game. He passes quite well and can tackle. Pace is not a strong point but remember Corluka ?

Can't agree with you on CCV, but maybe if I watch it again, I'd change my tune - but a good summary by you.

Yeah, must admit when I read VS before watching the game I was expecting him to be quite visibly poor. Actually, he was barely mentioned all game by the commentary team which is normally a good sign for a centre half. Agree though, that the jury is still out and will be for at least another season or two at his young age. Same with Foyth and it's a real shame he wasn't fit for selection.

It is a shame about Foyth....I think he would be an excellent, classier replacement for Wanyama in MF if he is going to have injuries all season. I believe Foyth started as a DM before being moved to CB. The little I have seen of him says he reads the game well, is cool under pressure, can take the ball forward, makes good tackles and can beat a man.....lovely touch on the ball as well. I think he is too small for a Premiership CB, but Poch the defender likes to put square pegs in round holes. To be fair he sees the players in training so probably knows better than me where Foyth’s best position is, but I don’t think it is CB.