As I understand it........ | Vital Football

As I understand it........

MadAmster

Vital Squad Member
...... going on the rumour and innuendo flying about for no other reason than there are (almost) no facts.

Rumour and inuendo:
1. All the press and pundits know FL is moving to Chelsea
2. They also know Jody Morris and Chris Jones are going with him too
3. Derby are paying Rangers £8M for Steven Gerrard to take over from FL
4. The move(s) will take place in the next 24 to 48 hours

Known facts:
1. At the time of writing Chelsea have made no approach to DCFC about FL

My stance:
1. I want FL to stay
2. If he goes SG would be a similar type as replacement and acceptable
3. My preferred replacement if we need one, would be Crowley from Lincoln
4. This has turned me even more against the press

It's this 'love in' with the 'big 6' which magnifies anything to do with those clubs. I see Rafa at Newcastle is leaving in a few weeks... if FL was a former Magpie I think there wouldn't be anywhere near the hoopla we are seeing now.

Virtually all the sports press is now click bait, sensational, lazy junk. It wasn't good 10 years ago but these days... sheesh. All part of this dumbing-down of life we seem to be experiencing.

And yes I am middle-aged and grumpy or 'pale, stale and male' as the saying now goes. :mad:

Apart from all the obvious reasons, I really want FL to stay now. Two huge fingers stuck up at....

1. The Bookies
2. Chelsea
3. Drogba
4. Rio

5, the press and 6. Chelsea fans.

However, approach made and permission given. He's as good as gone unfortunately.

Cannot help thinking he is nowhere near ready to be the manager of Chelsea. Just hope any new chap coming in (Monk?) can build on what has been done and not rip it up and start again...

Mel Morris was on Talksh*te from 09:45 till 12:00 this morning. Among the things he said was, and I paraphrase, over the past 4 years the Academy has been going down a certain path, playing a certain way. Academy players are starting to be 1st XI ready and one of the things Frank was told to do was have the first team reflect the style coming out of the Academy which he did and a fair few got chances and didn't disgrace themselves over the season.

He also said whoever came in would have to carry that philosophy on and utilise the kids as much as possible.

That would rule out 95% or more of the current bookies list of candidates.

except of course for a certain NC

Hey...the return of the Ramjet. Not before time!

While we’re on the subject, I’ve just heard it suggested that a certain current World Cup manager who is currently only used to managing ladies is much more likely than NC.

Latest Rams News