As chris wilder | Vital Football

As chris wilder

twirlo70

Vital 1st Team Regular
become bigger than the club, for me i dont care that he as. But from every ex associate player coach physio of sheffield united not one at all critique him. not in anyway shape or form, i dont mean slag him off i mean constructive criticism. i hope he becomes the club and runs everything , but surely he has to learn.

become bigger than the club, for me i dont care that he as. But from every ex associate player coach physio of sheffield united not one at all critique him. not in anyway shape or form, i dont mean slag him off i mean constructive criticism. i hope he becomes the club and runs everything , but surely he has to learn.

That's a fair point mate. I can't remember a manager who has basically made himself bombproof whilst presiding over a clusterf*ck. Teflon Tony must be jealous as.....

That's a fair point mate. I can't remember a manager who has basically made himself bombproof whilst presiding over a clusterf*ck. Teflon Tony must be jealous as.....
Bassett was when we got relegated from prem originally and many still blamed the board (rightly so for the lack of funding) as we struggled in div 1 (championship)

Is he running the club like Sturgeon runs Scotland? Everyone brainwashed, no dissenting voices.? I notice that Didzy is telling us on Twitter that he's having the time of his life here. Hasn't anyone mentioned to him that we're in the toilet..?

there would deffo be shoes of in car park if the prince got rid,the prince knows that if he sacked wilder the crowds would half if and when we go back. the best time to sack him now cause of the pandemic ,we wouldnt be able to go in car park unless they put 1 metre dots on the floor and wore masks. lol. i wonder if wilder became director of football and we got another manager that wilder picked would eventually happen,would the prince let wilder run the club when its time.

Don't follow why crowds would half if Wilder was sacked, no individual is bigger than the club. Majority of fans would suck it up and follow the football club as it should be.

After what Wilder did with 2 promotions he deserves the leeway given at the moment. Fast forward to November and things have not improved then that is a different story. A knee jerk change now could massively back fire. So for me I will give him time to get key players fit and one transfer window.

Yeah, he's earned the right to manage us 'til about Christmas but he's got to pull his socks up.

If I was the prince I'd be questioning him closely about the lessons he has learned and how he is going to implement them to produce better results I'd want a 3 year plan from him- aspirations, targets,league position, net transfer spend etc

I'd also want a list of his top 3 'must have new players 'for the Champ to a maximum of X pounds which must be funded by sales/clear outs. I'd also want to know which were his top 5 to keep so a proper transfer policy could be formulated NOW.

If he was unwilling to do that and saw it as interference then he's probably not the man in the long term.
He , CW , also has a decision to make. Does he want to work WITH the prince/ owners to stabilise the club or does he see asking him for specific SMART targets an imposition?
He may well do and then he has to take his chances elsewhere but needs to remember that he's much less than half as attractive to many as he was last year at this time.
On balance HIS best chance of managing in the PL again is with SUFC. He needs to bear that in mind.

Yeah, he's earned the right to manage us 'til about Christmas but he's got to pull his socks up.

If I was the prince I'd be questioning him closely about the lessons he has learned and how he is going to implement them to produce better results I'd want a 3 year plan from him- aspirations, targets,league position, net transfer spend etc

I'd also want a list of his top 3 'must have new players 'for the Champ to a maximum of X pounds which must be funded by sales/clear outs. I'd also want to know which were his top 5 to keep so a proper transfer policy could be formulated NOW.

If he was unwilling to do that and saw it as interference then he's probably not the man in the long term.
He , CW , also has a decision to make. Does he want to work WITH the prince/ owners to stabilise the club or does he see asking him for specific SMART targets an imposition?
He may well do and then he has to take his chances elsewhere but needs to remember that he's much less than half as attractive to many as he was last year at this time.
On balance HIS best chance of managing in the PL again is with SUFC. He needs to bear that in mind.
He’d walk into 75/80% of championship clubs if not more like Colin does cos he’s been there done it at this level,prem is a different kettle of fish as it’s 50/50 but given an interview he would probably put his case as to what’s gone off he wouldn’t take rod tho as he’d be unable to back him up by betraying a confidence

He’d walk into 75/80% of championship clubs if not more like Colin does cos he’s been there done it at this level,prem is a different kettle of fish as it’s 50/50 but given an interview he would probably put his case as to what’s gone off he wouldn’t take rod tho as he’d be unable to back him up by betraying a confidence

Just to throw another element into the mix.

Would he walk into 75 to 80% of Champ clubs?
I beg to differ.
He has absolutely sold himself on his ball boy- fan- player- manager wirth the only club in the world.

If I was Sheik Arse Biscuits owner of say Reading, he would be some Northern Oik who I would avoid like a Pork spit roast.

I beg to differ.
He has absolutely sold himself on his ball boy- fan- player- manager wirth the only club in the world.

If I was Sheik Arse Biscuits owner of say Reading, he would be some Northern Oik who I would avoid like a Pork spit roast.

Sheik Arse Biscuits :LOL:

I beg to differ.

Didn’t Colin with managing his club etc but he got round it by working for the best set of fans in the country where ever he went

Wilder and Billy ARE the club! Don't see much option out there, I hope the days are gone when we would change the management and just hope a fresh approach would succeed. We haven't been in this situation for some time, it took a while for CW to achieve success and must be given the chance to show he can do it again. May be different if we had loads of dosh to play with but we aint.

There has to come a time though when the 'my club' man has to be questioned.I agree he should be given more time next year but how long does that go on for?

As FKB says another start like this year and we've gone full circle back to div 3 by the end of next season

So, where do we have to be by Christmas to keep him definitely for the season?

In Play off position?
Top half?

Where and when is the tippng point?

Below halfway by Christmas?
Sacked if bottom 3 by 12 games in?

I’m not going to speculate theres too many variables I’ll cross the bridge if I need to but can’t see the point of wasting time thinking about stuff that may or may not happen I’ll leave that to folk on here with too much time on their hands

I’m not going to speculate theres too many variables I’ll cross the bridge if I need to but can’t see the point of wasting time thinking about stuff that may or may not happen I’ll leave that to folk on here with too much time on their hands
Fair enough Bully but there's plenty, me included, saying that he should have conditions/targets on next season and i was just interested as to how others see it panning out.