ARTICLE: Reaction To The 2022/23 Home Kit - HAVE A READ! | Vital Football

ARTICLE: Reaction To The 2022/23 Home Kit - HAVE A READ!

It would be interesting to know how much of a club's income is gained by kit sales. I guess it is significant, but it's sad to think of the waste of materials year upon year upon year. A stadium full of supporters wearing just one shirt they bought early in their time supporting the club would be a fine sight, providing no one was looked down upon for sporting a design which was not before the Cowley years.

It would be interesting to know how much of a club's income is gained by kit sales. I guess it is significant, but it's sad to think of the waste of materials year upon year upon year. A stadium full of supporters wearing just one shirt they bought early in their time supporting the club would be a fine sight, providing no one was looked down upon for sporting a design which was not before the Cowley years.
I took your piont and tried on the shirt I bought in 1972 - sadly it didn't go very well!! Maybe I'll have to buy this year's model?

I have a signed shirt from one of the playoff finals when Keith was manager. I was going to keep it in a presentation box but decided to start wearing it to matches when the Cowleys arrived and I honestly don't know why.
However as it is getting worse for wear I bought a new shirt last season and had it on for most of our dreadful home performances. Ditched it after the Gillingham home game and went back to the old shirt. Apart from the blip against Wigan it seemed to do the trick. Needless to say it will be worn again this season even though it is coming to pieces a bit.

If you look around there are lots of older shirts. Not just penny thrifts that buy on ebay but it is quite trendy to buy tour shirts from yesteryear (look at youths walking around in Deep Purple or PinkFloyd tour shirts from before they were born) but equally yesteryear football shirts. Admittedly some are new releases and brand new replicas of historic shirts but things like the 1990 Italy shirt, noughties Milan, Inter, Juve shirts. Seems its just the hipsters that wear the old stuff whereas us English football fans must have the newest we can get.

Was watching the England game the other night (yes I know) and it was surprising how many people had the Euro96 shirt on.

I guess the problem is that people want the yesteryear replica to be exactly as was and not a rebrand rehash type....i.e. The Adidas Lincoln shirt without the Adidas logo and stripes is not gonna be as in demand as a "retro" without the branding "patterns."

Personally I tend to wear the SportsTV black one from yesteryear even though it has very untrendy baggy short sleeves or I wear the SRP granda neck because I like that one. Last one I bought too as I only buy a shirt if I like it.