ARTICLE: One Swindon Town Supporter Talks To Vital Lincoln City - HAVE A READ! | Vital Football

ARTICLE: One Swindon Town Supporter Talks To Vital Lincoln City - HAVE A READ!

TAFKA has been incredibly frank in the assessment of Swindon. I hope there have been some good times in the last 58 years. If not, then well done fro sticking with it!

A proper through thick and thin supporter there. Don't think he rates the current Swindon boss though!!!

I remember reading somewhere that Swindon have a player who is related to a financial contributor and word on the Swindon streets is he gets in the team because of family financial contributions.

Anybody know anything about this?

Ooh, I feel for TAFKA 😢. Swindon are a long-standing club that have always traditionally been around Div 3/L1. Had a great team in the Don Rogers era When they won the League Cup. Went there in the 1970s. Potentially there is a huge club in there - needs awakening, like the Imps 4 years ago. You can only do that with decent leadership who are prepared to engage the club with the community and put a decent management team in place.

I remember reading somewhere that Swindon have a player who is related to a financial contributor and word on the Swindon streets is he gets in the team because of family financial contributions.

Heard it mentioned but not sure how true it is.

Find it hard to have much sympathy with Swindon really. In the last 30 years they have played in the Premier League and been up and down the leagues with decent seasons of success. Compare that to where we have been and the periods of despair with fans really believing the end was nigh. Remember 2002 administration and the 5 years of purgetory out of the League plus the string of hapless managers we’ve suffered. Says it all when we are constantly comparing this seasons squad with 1983!!!! Nearly 40 fecking years ago.

This may be unrelated but Michael Doughty played for Swindon and is a multi millionaire. He is the son of the late Nottingham Forest owner Nigel Doughty.
He wouldn’t have to pay them to play though he was a really good player and always looked very good against us. He gave up playing last year while still in his 20’s for personal reasons and to concentrate on his business interests.
Probably not your man but an interesting story.( to me anyway)

This may be unrelated but Michael Doughty played for Swindon and is a multi millionaire. He is the son of the late Nottingham Forest owner Nigel Doughty.
He wouldn’t have to pay them to play though he was a really good player and always looked very good against us. He gave up playing last year while still in his 20’s for personal reasons and to concentrate on his business interests.
Probably not your man but an interesting story.( to me anyway)
He was a great player, I saw him play a few times. My Swindon-supporting mate thought he was their best player and from what I saw I would have to agree.