ARTICLE: Michael Appleton: "I don't really buy into all that if I'm being honest. I'm not the type to get too wrapped up in that." - HAVE A READ! | Vital Football

ARTICLE: Michael Appleton: "I don't really buy into all that if I'm being honest. I'm not the type to get too wrapped up in that." - HAVE A READ!

Personally I will be giving Nicky and Danny a much deserved big clap and cheer tomorrow night. However I will be giving a bigger and equally deserved clap and cheer to MA to let him know the esteem he is held in.

I think it will be a strange night and it is important as fans we get the balance spot on. It's right to show our gratitude for what the Cowleys did as we haven't had the chance to do that as yet; but it is probably more important to show our support and respect for the fantastic job that MA IS doing for the club right now.

They are just visiting Mngrs, MA &DK are the top men at this club,yes Cowley got us 2 promotions, but thats in the past. Come on boys lets take em to the cleaners, go within 3 points of them again, we can do this. 3 points.

Okay, so the words go :-
"Tra la, la la la, la laaaa, Michael Appleton." And then repeat in a lower key.

Hope everyone joins in with Co-op Upper 7 tonight.

In my view, the only reason MA is not revered at the same level as the Cowleys is MA's lack of involvement/expression with the fans.

His impassive nature on the sidelines, other than his applause at the end of a game does not endear him to the casual fan as much as the Cowleys animated touchline antics.

This only becomes a factor when our home form is less than impressive, as it has been for a while. We have to remember that at least 3,000 of our fans at home games, possibly more, only date from the Cowley era - so they have never attended, nor do they possibly remember, the abject home games before that.

And that will never work in the favour of an inanimate manager when things are not going well at home.