Arsenal .. will they cause us any grief? | Vital Football

Arsenal .. will they cause us any grief?

OziMan

Vital Football Legend
Seems like every paperdown hear reckon Arsenal are going to surprise everyone this year.
Must be because Ozil has had a couple of decent games.
What do you think?
I reckon we’ll give them a good touch up myself. (Hopefully anyway)

I can't see anything other than a City win. I appreciate I may have my blue tinted blinkers on but I honestly think we'll be too quick and skillful on the ball. Plus, we have proven goal scorers hence my optimism.

Arse 0-2 City

It's always a case of if the two teams were to play each other 50 times then we'd probably win 40 with 7 ties and 3 defeats. The probability is a win for us but you just never know. We looked pretty good against Chelsea and Chelsea ought to be a better side than the Gunners - but new manager etc and who knows. 8o% chance of a successful start to the new campaign.

Any thoughts on team news - particularly Merlin and Sterling? Bernardo has to start plus Mahrez in for Sterling before spending the remainder of the season deputising from the berti?

Bernardo should definitely be in and I think Mahrez will too.
He will get lots of paying time this year particularly if Sterling is still messing about with his contract.

Ederson, Walker, Stones, Mendy, Bernardo, Mahrez, Fern and Kun will probably be nailed on. Having said that, Pep will probably prove me wrong.

I think Aresnal will surprise on the upside this year after the complacent recent years under Arsene Wenger. The new gaffa has spent time on the defence and has trained them hard. I expect us to win well if we can score early and put them under pressure. I will be interested to see our formation, 3 5 2 or our usual 4 3 3, either way we should win. Sterling needs to sign a new deal, where could he go for a better deal, Madrid, Barcelona, I don't think so.

Well that was fairly straightforward - thought Arsenal might have come out of the traps with a little more fire in their belly but we can only beat what is put in front of us. Their #12 looks quite a stroppy edition to their er, canon.

A fine win away from home. Just the start we needed. The terriers should not prove too much of a hurdle next.

Good to get the first game under the belt and an away win at Arsenal is as good a start as any.
Like has been said, a team with a few stars missing is looking good for the future.

Bernardo is a cracking player - hope there is some way of getting him, Merlin and Red Kev into the same starting XI - without one of them deputising at full back.

Mahrez looked tidy too and Stones had a good game.