Arsenal v Aston Villa Match Thread 08/11/2020 19:15 | Page 31 | Vital Football

Arsenal v Aston Villa Match Thread 08/11/2020 19:15

Went to read about the Villa on the BBC Sport website.
It's the 14th story!!

Granada lose to Real Sociedad was 8th.

I think that was a better performance than the Liverpool game.

Thing about Liverpool was that they got back at us a couple of times but we just accelerated away from them. That was a game to go down in Villa history. And Liverpool history :grinning:

This wasn't quite so dominant. Arsenal did have a couple of chances they might have scored from which could have made some difference, but given the overall performances I think we'd have still have won.

I just can't stop watching it - those 3 goals were all magnificent. To hear Chappers open the punditry on MOTD2 with 'They were absolutely brilliant weren't they, Villa' and then to hear Shearer continue the theme, wow, there's one for the archives. Ian Wright said 'If Villa were walking down the road they'll be John Travolta in Saturday Night Fever, they were just IT today'

I think that was a better performance than the Liverpool game.

It required more maturity than the Liverpool game which was throw the kitchen at it where everything clicked. That game at 1-0 could’ve gone either way, someone said (think it was merd) that next goal wins this. That’s why Luiz’s clearing header at 1-0 was vital, we would have struggled to have won that game at 1-1 knowing our mentality.

So to control the game, hit them with pace and power when it mattered with a deadly counter and set up how we did to get the ball back was all in all a better all round performance than Liverpool I agree.

I can confirm I very much like it when we win games.

Me too, and although Sky Sports focused on a poor performance by Arsenal at least Artetta came out after the game and praised the Villa performance.
Although (rightly) the plaudits will go to Jack and Ollie the performance from McGinn in the game was for me the MOTM performance.

Rumours have it he has just stopped running when the coach arrived back in Birmingham at 01:00