Arsenal U23s 2-2 Swansea City U23s | Vital Football

Arsenal U23s 2-2 Swansea City U23s

KevinE

Alert Team
Great result so far for the under-23s, anyone watching it? I'm not but Blake has scored with a direct free kick and Cullen has doubled our lead, 2nd half now underway.

Arsenal: Deyan Iliev, Jordi Osei Tutu, Julio Pleguezuelo (capt), Charlie Gilmour, Daniel Ballard, Zech Medley, Xavier Amaechi, Ben Sheaf, Tyreece John-Jules, Dominic Thompson, Buyako Saka.

Subs: Arthur Okonkwo, Tobi Omole, Cohen Bramall, Folarin Balogun, Nathan Tormey.

Swans: Gregor Zabret, Joe Lewis, Keston Davies (capt), Ben Cabango, Matthew Blake, Adam King, Kees De Boer, Adnan Maric, Oli Cooper, Liam Cullen, Keiran Evans.

Subs: Nathan Shepperd, Mason Jones-Thomas, Simon Paulet, Tom Price, Brandon Cooper.

Disappointing second half where they blew a two nil lead and almost lost the game.
Final score 2-2, literally a game of two halves.

Swans finished with ten men, full back Joe Lewis sent off for a second yellow. Harsh decision for hand ball as he had his back to the ball.

I didn't see the game as I had the Sheffield derby on and I didn't realise until late that they were playing. Disappointing result as you say but we do appear to be performing better now after struggling earlier on in the season.

We badly needed to win last night to close the gap. Two get relegated. We are bottom on 15 points, West Ham are above us on 16 points, and Spurs are next, 4 points ahead of us on 19 points.
Spurs 0 won, 3 drawn, 2 lost, last 5 games, on 19 points
WHam 1 won, 1 drawn, 3 lost, last 5 games, on16 points
Swans 2 won, 1 drawn, 2 lost, last 5 games, on 15 points