Arsenal pair returning to the Gooners. | Page 2 | Vital Football

Arsenal pair returning to the Gooners.

I said in a previous thread on this that I would not really see losing all of the loanees as a loss on a player-for-player basis - none have really impressed. I was certainly fairly happy to see the two Cov and two Arsenal lads go back. I through Robertson did OK and would be quite happy for him to stay, but not that fussed he went. I liked what O'Connor did last season and would be quite happy for him to stay in hope of a repeat, but his recent form hasn't been good, so again, he'd be no great loss.

However, it does leave us short of cover and we need a number of further of loans in - ideally a couple before the weekend.

There is a little bit of noise on the rumour mill. Someone that might raise an eyebrow or two, if it happens...
Here is a real guess at the raised eyebrows Andrew Crofts to return again at the age of 36.Currently player coach of Brighton under 23s.

There is a little bit of noise on the rumour mill. Someone that might raise an eyebrow or two, if it happens...

Yeah, nah.

C’mon Vambo, your not allowed to leave us dangling like that. Spill the beans man!

I mean at least loan or permanent? old, young? big name or controversial name? good bad? striker?

Give us something to chew on...

Last edited:
Personally thought Medley was one of the better loans, still learning his trade obviously, and can’t have helped that he was continually changed from left back to centre back and had different defensive partners also including Maghoma who seems to have vanished from the club.
Coyle had good ability on the ball but rarely got the ball to feet and perhaps lacked the physical aspect required in League one. Not sure where he fitted into the team and Steve agreed eventually leaving him out more often than not.

No chance
It was a bit tongue in cheek .Any player in there mid thirties might raise a few eyebrows but get the right player and it could be a positive move.I am not sure of the condition fitness wise of Crofts or indeed weather he would be the right type of player.A veteran centre back with a good voice would be a good fit.

Yeah, nah.

C’mon Vambo, your not allowed to leave us dangling like that. Spill the beans man!

I mean at least loan or permanent? old, young? big name or controversial name? good bad? striker?

Give us something to chew on...

Wish I hadn't mentioned it now! It's a loan but I'm sceptical. If it's not happened by Friday, I'll name.