Arsenal game protests | Vital Football

Arsenal game protests

Rexn

Vital Champions League
It looks like some of those regular attenders, not boycotting like the rest of us, have some protests of their own over what has happened so far in the summer.

It will be a huge blow to Ashley and Charnley to have heard that the now famous flags will not be taken to the ground for the first game against Arsenal. Another group have decided not to watch the game from the stands but to slip into Number 9 Sports Bar instead.

The one that will really have Ashley bricking it the boos, scheduled for the 59th minute, having checked that Rafa does not have his 60th birthday between now and the start of the season. Bearing in mind that if he attends, 14 minutes into the 2nd half, Mike will still be shitting his half time mountain of chicken and mushroom pies.

Thousands haven't renewed allegedly. It won't bother Ashley too much. The cash cow keeps generating. What's a million or two less.

I'm not going, tonight I'll listen to Jimmy Nails "Big River" then consider my future protests after the Arsenal game.

Big River has inspired me, boycotting games is good, but I think the targets should include any business associated with him. The online campaign targeting Keith Bishops PR Twitter account, was effective, make his associates feel uncomfortable....give them as much hell as him.

I see things have taken a further twist. As well as the boycott, there are now two schemes of protest for those who decide to attend. The first has already been mentioned, boo in the 59th minute, 59 being Rafa's age.

The alternative faction has suggested turning their backs to the pitch and stop cheering in the 13th minute, 13 being the number of years Ashley has been at the club.

In view of health and safety considerations, I wonder if they will consider just kneeling on their seats since the steward might tell them off if they stand.

If they really want to protest, perhaps they should take an example from the world of film:

Living a bit further South nowadays, I have no way of knowing if it is true but maybe some of you have a better idea about what is going on around Newcastle. It sounded like a great suggestion to disrupt the TV schedules by blocking Arsenal's team bus departure from their team hotel or arrival at the ground. Can anyone expand?

Living a bit further South nowadays, I have no way of knowing if it is true but maybe some of you have a better idea about what is going on around Newcastle. It sounded like a great suggestion to disrupt the TV schedules by blocking Arsenal's team bus departure from their team hotel or arrival at the ground. Can anyone expand?

Yes, I can expand. Fuck all will happen.

A few slack jawed shirts will pay for the privilege of singing their daft songs and Ashley will laugh all the way to the bank. At best. Meanwhile the godlike Rafa and his lovechild Rondon will be counting their money in China, and not giving a flying fxck about Newcastle.