Arsenal (away) | Page 2 | Vital Football

Arsenal (away)

Lascelles played better than any of the Arsenal back four last night although I will admit he's looking prone to a mistake a game at the moment, he made a fantastic intercepting tackle first half which would've definitely cost us a goal, him and Dummett to blame for the 2nd goal, Dummett's a liabilty when he has time to think, always caught in two minds. Regardless of that we would've got something last night if we had anything upfront, Arsenal really weren't very good.
Put it this way if Arsenal had been playing against their own defence it would have been 4 or 5 nil, our defence under Benitez despite having a couple of suspect players is the least of our worries in fact we've probably a group of 4 centre backs as good as I've seen in our lifetime. No investment as an attacking force is the issue, because quality forwards cost money and our owner is Mike ashley.

Last edited:
Not for the first time this season, the passing just wasn't up to premier league standard. Just not sure if it was a result of the opposition playing at a higher tempo or respecting teams in the top 6 too much.

If anything, the worst performance of the year highlighted where the team needs investment and aside from the blatantly obvious saying of the whole squad, 3 or 4 positions stood out.

In those positions we may have triers but that sort of mentality is what schools use now in their lack of competitiveness. This being that effort and taking part has replaced the need for winners.

The players id say were at risk in an ideal world of an ambitious club would be Yedlin, Dummett, Diame, Hayden and Perez. I would never play Kenedy again as he looks unfit and disinterested with a lack of impact subs probably as great an issue as any player on the pitch.

That being said, a defeat was always on the cards and you'd have to surmise that the non-appearance of Shelvey at any stage will see him in from the start against Crystal Palace in place of Diame, who will trigger a new deal if he starts another game.

My prediction for Saturday's starting side.

Dubravka
Lejeune, Lascelles, Schar
Ritchie, Shelvey, Ki, Perez, Dummett
Almiron
Rondon

Big Jamal’s supporters have been quiet in recent months (months being the preferential word).
I didn't get a chance to see the last game OM but from what I've seen this season he looks decent and will improve as he gains experience,which he will very quickly under this managers tactics.

Lets be frank, it was rare to win away at Arsenal when we had a squad near enough on par with theirs (SBR days), now we haven't got a player who would get on their bench it was always gonna be tricky. As for Lascelles I think he is shite. Boumsong standard at best. odd decent game in him but rarely gets through 90 minutes without conceding a goal through a clear error.

I was hoping he'd tell fatty to fuck off and maybe just maybe the people that still go will finally get their fingers out. Plus as much as I like Benitez as a person, his style of football is dogshite.