Arsenal 0 City 3 - Stats Link & Cup Final Post Match Reaction & Debate Thread | Vital Football

Arsenal 0 City 3 - Stats Link & Cup Final Post Match Reaction & Debate Thread

'It didn't happen for Arsenal today'

Arsenal 0-3 Man City

Teddy Sheringham

Former Millwall and Tottenham striker on BBC Radio 5 live

It just didn't happen for Arsenal today, but it just shows you what happens when you score the first goal in a cup final. If Arsenal had scored one of their early half chances it could have been different, but Man City got their noses in front and then cruised to victory.

Once Man City got the third goal they knew Arsenal were beaten and they took their foot off the pedal a little bit. Arsenal came back into it a little bit, but they were always in control really.

OptaJoe
@OptaJoe

5 – @ManCity have won the League Cup for the 5th time in their history – only Liverpool (8) have won it more often. Alive.

'Arsenal didn't turn up'

Arsenal 0-3 Man City

Chris Waddle

Ex-England winger on BBC Radio 5 live

Pep Guardiola will be delighted, winning 3-0. The first half was poor, both teams couldn't settle. Credit to Manchester City, they were out of the blocks really quickly in the second half. Arsenal for 90 minutes didn't turn up

Vincent Kompany:

"It was a difficult game, but as much space there was for us and Arsenal, we did well and controlled the space and I am proud of the team. Winning 3-0 at Wembley is a massive result against any opponent.

"Before the game, I thought I was going to score. I came close during the game so there was some luck on the day, but also self-belief.

"I have been in the game for 15 years and I have been training well and supporting the lads when I don’t play. When I get the call I want to do the job."

Sergio Aguero, speaking to Sky Sports:

"For me and for the team it is always a special trophy. We are happy and I am very happy. We were better than them and now we have to focus on the next game and think about the Premier League.

On his opening goal: “For me there was no foul, a bit of a touch. I am happy because it was a goal.”

Job done. Its been a tough week but I will join El Boss in declaring a "so happy." Special shout to the class of 2012 legends who bagged the goals that took the foot off the gas. Vinny was outstanding. This flatters Arsenal for me and the walk outs on 65 minutes mean good old Robbie on Arsenal Fan TV is going to be fending off foamers after a cup final no show. No party now, back on it and the Fernandinho position needs addressing for the massive games ahead. We want the foot back on the Stretford Galacticos throats all the way to April 7th when they enter the city walls. Thursday and Sunday will be tough nights for us.

Kompany's goal.

https://twitter.com/MCFCLens/status/967819853074747393

Silva's goal.

https://twitter.com/MCFCLens/status/967821006571278336

A nutcase writes!

Benjamin Mendy
@benmendy23

YESSS !!! First of many hopefully ???? congrats to my sharks ?????? #SharkTeam #WeKeepEating

De Bruyne:

"We're very happy that we won it, now we have to go on to Thursday.

"We have a good feeling all season but it's not finished, we know what we have to do in the league and the Champions League, it's nice we have one in the bag."

Pep Guardiola speaking to Sky Sports:

"It's important. We're so happy, and a big congratulations to all of Manchester City, and our fans. This trophy is for Manchester City and not for me.

"The first half we were not good, there were a lot of mistakes, in the second half we played with a lot more courage and personality - we were outstanding."

On Man City's first goal coming from a long ball: "Football is football, you can't control everything, it's football."

On bouncing back after the defeat to Wigan: "It was so important to win this one, because we played 10 v 11 for 45 minutes [against Wigan] so it wasn't easy. But now we concentrate on the Premier League, where we will try to win the rest of our games, and the Champions League, too."

Agree with Wrighty here but he could have saved a lot of words by saying: OZIL

An insipid performance

Arsenal 0-3 Man City

Ian Wright

Former Arsenal & England striker on BBC Radio 5 live

Against Manchester City it was always going to be a tough ask. They have been magnificent all season, but it was disappointing the way Arsenal played. There was a lack of fight, lack of determination. It’s a final and players were walking.

You don’t want to see the team you support in a final put in such an insipid performance.

De Bruyne to Sky Sports:

"Obviously last time I missed the final through injury, but I'm very happy we won it, we deserved to win. Now we go onto Thursday.

"We have had a good season already, and now we need to keep going. We have this one in the bag and now we have to maintain the same focus in the Premier League and the Champions League.

"The potential for this club is amazing, and the way we play is probably one of the best in the world."

Arsene Wenger speaking to Sky Sports:

"I felt the game, we had the first good chance, a very easy one that we missed.

After that we made a big mistake for their first goal. But we controlled them pretty well in the first half, but they came out in the second half, and we were unlucky because the second goal was offside. But congratulations to Man City, they deserve the win.

"You have to accept being criticized when you lose games. But I believe we have to recover quickly. We got to the final, we lost, so now we have to focus on the next Premier League game."

"When you lose 3-0 of course you have to look at defending better, but I still feel like for large periods we defended well, but we lost concentration sometimes and against good teams you pay for it.

"It's not the application that was missed it was the concentration at key periods that was missed. The second goal was a big goal in this game and for me, it was 100 per cent offside.

"We analyse all the games in a very mathematical way, we didn't give too many chances away, but we gave away easy chances, and didn't create enough for ourselves."

Disgraceful from the cheat of the Stade de France:

Thierry Henry when asked if he would be interested in becoming Arsenal manager on Sky Sports:

"Interested yes, but I couldn't talk about that, with my job at Belgium. But who wouldn't be interested in a job like that."

Johnny Baguette - 25/2/2018 18:32

OptaJoe
@OptaJoe

5 – @ManCity have won the League Cup for the 5th time in their history – only Liverpool (8) have won it more often. Alive.

That’s funny. I thought we didn’t have any history :048: :008: