Arsenal 0 City 3 - Stats Link & Cup Final Post Match Reaction & Debate Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

Arsenal 0 City 3 - Stats Link & Cup Final Post Match Reaction & Debate Thread

Right. Will raise a glass tonight but that will be my party over with :057: Need back on it and extend the league gap again on Thursday.

Can I just say that Wilshere was a cheating disgrace?

I have yet to read through the MDT as I wasn’t late back from wedding venue visiting and so watched on catch up so apologies if this point may already have been made. Tarquins leaving the stadium in the second half should be ashamed of themselves :014:

So, so happy for Pep especially. :050:

That is the “he’s yet to win a trophy in this country yet” monkey off his back*

*Stand by for the media “.....but it’s ONLY the League Cup” :040: :040:

Massively important victory for Pep and the players to build and cement their confidence after a tough week and in the face of the upcoming fixtures. Cannot underestimate just how critical it was to secure that victory, Pep’s first trophy and to shake off the doubts from Monday.

No one can say it was lucky, they may decry how garbage Arsenal were but you can only play what is put in front of you. When we won the FA Cup in 2011 we played the defeated finalists Stoke later that same week as well. Time to repeat that double feat :026:

We made them look garbage, well played to Claudio Bravo and he now has an assist and a very clever piece of play to set up Sergio.

VAR worked for us this time.

How pathetic was Mustafi? I would be ashamed of trying to claim that was a foul. Weak. Hope he plays Thursday :026:

This has just made my day.....

“And Wenger has revealed he was left humiliated because, upon asking why more time wasn't added on, the fourth official quipped: "Why would you want anymore time added on?"

:039: :039: :039:

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/923913/Arsenal-Arsene-Wenger-Manchester-City-fourth-official-Carabao-Cup-final

Colin Is The King - 25/2/2018 21:16

Hopefully this makes the pre match atmosphere on Thursday completely toxic as far as the home crowd are concerned towards Wenger.

I worry for Jesus with Wilshere gunning for him, The gooners may try to kick us off the park especially if the Three thugs are playing Wilshere, Ramsey and Mustafi.

It is a concern. Wilshire had intent in his eyes and there may be some afters from a few of the Tarquins especially if we score first - the toxicity levels will hit the roof.

The officials for Thursday

19:45 Arsenal v Manchester City
Referee: Andre Marriner
Assistants: Scott Ledger, Ian Hussin
Fourth official: Mike Dean

I was thinking last night....for all our pre match concerns about Pawson, he didn't have a bad game at all, and nothing really happened during the game to warrant it.

He was fine, a couple of times he could have booked theirs for blatant dives but no complaints, he did his job.

I don't think he could have done otherwise with the beady eyes of VAR looking over his shoulder.

Rising - 26/2/2018 11:07

I don't think he could have done otherwise with the beady eyes of VAR looking over his shoulder.

Perhaps that is a factor we have otherwise ignored. Decisions which in the past only get scrutinised post match but with no comeback during the game in front of everyone in the stadium and on tv causes the official to be 'on their game'?......

Skoorb - 26/2/2018 12:35

Perhaps that is a factor we have otherwise ignored. Decisions which in the past only get scrutinised post match but with no comeback during the game in front of everyone in the stadium and on tv causes the official to be 'on their game'?......

It would seem so to me, which is why I want VAR brought in as soon as poss.

Rising - 26/2/2018 13:20

Skoorb - 26/2/2018 12:35

It would seem so to me, which is why I want VAR brought in as soon as poss.
Fully agree, VAR should get most critical decisions right.